| FTBL Most Important: What's on The Menu for Kickoff?

Nothing special, for me. I'll be working (about to leave, as a matter of fact) so I'll have a sandwich for lunch, as per usual when I work.

I've only seen 1 game this season; that was last week. And I was on vacation so that's the only reason. I usually work on Saturdays unless I request it off.

SEC Championship game. What y'all got? Anybody grilling/frying Gator this weekend? :p

Weather still gonna be iffy in the afternoon here, but I'm still grilling some dawgs and sausage (Zeigler & Conecuh), and making a big pot of chili for some chili cheese sausage/hot dawgs.... gotta pace myself on the all natural adult beverages for those prime time kick offs. :)

If I'm not at the game, I've been very clear with my lovely wife that, if I'm not at the game, I require only that I watch the game at home by myself. No watch parties, no "hey let's go here with so and so and you can catch part of the game at so and so". Just let me be. I will say the last three watch parties I couldn't evade were the first GA blackout game, the GA SECC game (Richt coaching), and the ND NC game. But I'm very clear and I hold the line.

All that being said, I'll be at a watch party. I'll find out what I'm eating when I get there.

RTR,

Tim

Grilled a boneless Turkey breast yesterday (yes, damn near froze my nads off :p ).... going with Turkey hot mess sammiches ( peppers, onions, gravy and Gouda cheese over toasted garlic bread), this evening.... with pregame adult beverages.

Sounds good. Is a hot mess inspired by the Lousiville hot brown?

Red beans n rice....with conecuh cajun sausage ...and corn bread....
Cooked em yesterday...put in frig...cooked em again this afternoon...( always better the second day, uh?)
Been great year for eating before ...during...after games...
All you guys know how to dial it up.....

Ready to...Roll Tide now ( well, in a few hours)

Red beans n rice....with conecuh cajun sausage ...and corn bread....
Cooked em yesterday...put in frig...cooked em again this afternoon...( always better the second day, uh?)
Been great year for eating before ...during...after games...
All you guys know how to dial it up.....

Ready to...Roll Tide now ( well, in a few hours)

Conecuh - Alabama's version of andouille. Personally I like it better. Been using Conecuh sausage instead of andouille for all my Louisiana dishes for years now.

My mom used to live in the Panhandle of Fla. Whenever I'd drive down to see her from Atlanta - I'd get off at the I-65 Evergreen exit. Could smell that sausage smoking for miles around. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom