| CURRENT EVENTS "Morning Joe" on MSNBC. They are bat shit crazy.

But, they were different. Were both riots? I thought the response to George Floyd was a protest. Looting, burning down buildings and businesses including federal government buildings...and then we've got a group protesting/rioting that were let inside the building and weren't armed, or burning down things.

One protest against the treatment of a felon, who was high, being arrested. Another protest because people believed there was fraud in the election.

Two different things. Two different mindsets of protests. Neither were right. But they can't be compared as equals.

But you can't tell me how we disagree. I've literally said it's the choice of the people, by state, on how abortion should be legislated. That's pro-choice, defined. So I'm pro-life, as well as pro-choice, and you're saying we don't agree even a little?

We may disagree on when life begins, or when limits should be instilled, but we don't disagree that it is an individual's choice. That's why God gave people free will.

Both subjects deserve separate threads. Right?

Under the last several administrations, here's the average cost of gasoline.

1. Joe Biden (partial term) — $3.60
  2. Barack Obama first term — $3.12
  3. Barack Obama second term — $2.95
  4. George W. Bush second term — $2.77
  5. Donald Trump — $2.57
  6. George W. Bush first term — $1.59

Simply not true.

View attachment 26216

This is the definition of closed minded. You are smarter than this; but don't realize your potential.

Okay. Which policies? Foreign? Domestic?

We weren't in a war, much less two (and asking for three.)
Food was cheaper.
Gas was cheaper.
Electricity was cheaper.
Homes were cheaper.
Interest rates were lower.
He was working to secure the border, whereas...

The country was energy independent, yes. That's a big point between buying oil from Venezuela and the like.
You’re right they were different, one side was protesting/rioting because they’re sore losers, babies, and their team lost and the other was protesting/rioting the senseless murder of an unarmed african America, so yes you’re right they’re far far far different. You say the dipshits at the capitol were unarmed, that is unequivocally wrong, they had bear spray, flag poles, fire extinguishers, and some did in fact have guns, so you’re being dishonest.

I‘ll give Trump credit for Operation Warp Speed, irregardless of one’s opinion on the vaccine (which I don’t care about) he did a great job of allocating the money and allowing it to happen. But, every other domestic and foreign policy was attrocious, social programs he was idiotic on.

Things should’ve been cheaper under Trump because the effects of his covid policies wouldn’t have been felt until afterwards and had he won the 2020 election he would’ve felt them

As for abortion we completely disagree on everything about it, you cannot be pro life and pro choice, what you are is pro life, but say it should be up to the stat governments. What states should do is follow Kansas and Ohio and put it up for a vote, now I’m smart enough to know Repubs won’t do that because they’ll lose, so what do they do? They ram their policies in without the people voting, and before you say it, when those people were voted in abortion was protected. We don’t disagree on when life begins, we disagree on what is a human and what is a clump of cells. I’m for a term limit on abortions, but not the proposed limit that dumb shit Repubs have thrown out there and have passed.

I am not close minded about the right, the right has no damn clue what oppression is, we’ve got a right wing dude running for president that said in his state that it should be taught that black people gained things form slavery, also on the right we’ve got a speaker that believes every decision should be based on a deity, but only his version of a deity, we’ve got a house member that likes to flap her lips, but is dumb as shit, but I hear can give a hell of a handy at the opera, we have the same governor that thinks an AP course in college shouldn’t be taught because it’ll make white people sad, thanks, we have another house member that lied about damn near everything on his resume that a lot of the right don’t want to do anything about, this same party that had two members who voted with them 98% of the time get told they’re rinos and shit because they buy into the big lie, the same party that doesn’t think my daughter should have any rights, so thanks, but I won’t be getting my education on anything from the right, so no it isn’t close minded

snipped...

I am not close minded about the right, the right has no damn clue what oppression is,
The left has no clue about true oppression, but rather a flawed, mushrooming groupthink that any and all inequities and difficulties are the result of oppression. I agree, many are on the right are equally clueless, but still others are on the right BECAUSE they were oppressed. Talk to immigrants who have worked hard and made a life for their families in the U.S. You'd learn what they experienced in their home countries, you'd hear just how conservative they are, and how they laugh at what is captured under the big-tent definition of oppressive in this nation.

@musso

I'll argue late night TV, comedy, was ruined by Jon Stewart when he turned "comedy" into political theatre.

There was a time when I'd disagree with you by replying that the insanity of the Bush "Dubya" Admin ruined late night comedy by providing so much good material. Comics didn't have to look around in real life for material. All they had to do was watch the news and point out the inconsistencies of an empire in decline.

Now I might blame Stewart a bit. He popularized apathy. He was so good, I think, that dissidents in the new age of social media tried to copy him in seeking laughs and clicks, rather than real, actual reform.

I'm thinking of one of Chesterton's many amazing quotes:

“It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.”​

My addendum would be: "...and how rich and famous political comics become."

You’re right they were different, one side was protesting/rioting because they’re sore losers, babies, and their team lost and the other was protesting/rioting the senseless murder of an unarmed african America, so yes you’re right they’re far far far different. You say the dipshits at the capitol were unarmed, that is unequivocally wrong, they had bear spray, flag poles, fire extinguishers, and some did in fact have guns, so you’re being dishonest.

I‘ll give Trump credit for Operation Warp Speed, irregardless of one’s opinion on the vaccine (which I don’t care about) he did a great job of allocating the money and allowing it to happen. But, every other domestic and foreign policy was attrocious, social programs he was idiotic on.

Things should’ve been cheaper under Trump because the effects of his covid policies wouldn’t have been felt until afterwards and had he won the 2020 election he would’ve felt them

As for abortion we completely disagree on everything about it, you cannot be pro life and pro choice, what you are is pro life, but say it should be up to the stat governments. What states should do is follow Kansas and Ohio and put it up for a vote, now I’m smart enough to know Repubs won’t do that because they’ll lose, so what do they do? They ram their policies in without the people voting, and before you say it, when those people were voted in abortion was protected. We don’t disagree on when life begins, we disagree on what is a human and what is a clump of cells. I’m for a term limit on abortions, but not the proposed limit that dumb shit Repubs have thrown out there and have passed.

I am not close minded about the right, the right has no damn clue what oppression is, we’ve got a right wing dude running for president that said in his state that it should be taught that black people gained things form slavery, also on the right we’ve got a speaker that believes every decision should be based on a deity, but only his version of a deity, we’ve got a house member that likes to flap her lips, but is dumb as shit, but I hear can give a hell of a handy at the opera, we have the same governor that thinks an AP course in college shouldn’t be taught because it’ll make white people sad, thanks, we have another house member that lied about damn near everything on his resume that a lot of the right don’t want to do anything about, this same party that had two members who voted with them 98% of the time get told they’re rinos and shit because they buy into the big lie, the same party that doesn’t think my daughter should have any rights, so thanks, but I won’t be getting my education on anything from the right, so no it isn’t close minded
George Floyd wasn’t murdered. If you say that you can’t breathe, you are actually breathing. He did give everyone that catch phrase because I sometimes watch body cam vids on YouTube & probably 75% of those being arrested say they can’t breathe at some point.

This autopsy report became public around 2 weeks ago. I have read some of it, but I was filled in about it when it first was made public. Someone I listen to who had access to this report, stated that no life threatening injuries were found to his body caused by law enforcement. Only a broken rib caused by life saving attempts. I have also learned that some of our federal agencies cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

I only read page 2 and part of the 7 page toxicology report and glanced over a few other pages.

This autopsy report became public around 2 weeks ago. I have read some of it, but I was filled in about it when it first was made public. Someone I listen to who had access to this report, stated that no life threatening injuries were found to his body caused by law enforcement. Only a broken rib caused by life saving attempts. I have also learned that some of our federal agencies cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

I only read page 2 and part of the 7 page toxicology report and glanced over a few other pages.
Why cloud this with facts???😈😈😈

concluded he died of "cardiopulmonary arrest complicated by law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression."

Medical experts called as witnesses at Chauvin's trial testified that amount was not enough to be considered fatal.

Back
Top Bottom