| LIFE Medical advice of losing consciousness

Have any of y'all experienced or had someone experience losing consciousness once or twice a year where no medical diagnosis could be found even after multiple tests and stays in the hospital?
Yes, and no. After three years it was finally diagnosed as a heart condition. Synscope or something like that ...

If I don't stay hydrated, my mitral valve prolapse can cause an incident like this. It did happen once about ...whenever Remember the Titans was in the theaters. Went to the restroom and passed out cold. How I got...clothing secured is still an unsolved mystery.

Even though I chug a few bottles of water a day because I won't let that happen again, sometimes I can still get lightheaded and feel like I'm about to take a spin.

What Terry said. My father had a heart attack in 2008. Had by-pass and all was good. Several months later he was at a grocery store and passed out. Bounced his head off the shelving and got an ambulance ride to ER for a CT. All was good, but he had issues with it off and on. Saw his cardiologist and was assured it wasn't his heart. Sent him to a neurologist, ran a battery of tests and was assured it wasn't his brain. This took about 18 months and still no answers. I was working in the Cath Lab of a hospital in B'ham and talked with one of the cardiologist that I liked. Told him the entire story. He saw my dad and told him, you will wear a heart monitor until you have an episode whether that's a day, week, month.....I want to see what is going on with your heart. Sure enough, he was having a sinus pause. Normal beating heart that just stops every now and then for 4-5 seconds and then will resume. It was an electrical issue after having the by-pass. Got a pacemaker and has been great ever since. That was about 2010 when he got his pacer.

What Terry said. My father had a heart attack in 2008. Had by-pass and all was good. Several months later he was at a grocery store and passed out. Bounced his head off the shelving and got an ambulance ride to ER for a CT. All was good, but he had issues with it off and on. Saw his cardiologist and was assured it wasn't his heart. Sent him to a neurologist, ran a battery of tests and was assured it wasn't his brain. This took about 18 months and still no answers. I was working in the Cath Lab of a hospital in B'ham and talked with one of the cardiologist that I liked. Told him the entire story. He saw my dad and told him, you will wear a heart monitor until you have an episode whether that's a day, week, month.....I want to see what is going on with your heart. Sure enough, he was having a sinus pause. Normal beating heart that just stops every now and then for 4-5 seconds and then will resume. It was an electrical issue after having the by-pass. Got a pacemaker and has been great ever since. That was about 2010 when he got his pacer.
And that's exactly how to find out, so glad he had a good outcome.

Back
Top Bottom