| FTBL Media Day Press Conferences: Saban, Rees, and Steele address the media (video)

Scott was hired as special team coordinator at Georgia....

I know that, and that's what he wanted at Alabama. I actually spoke to him at a Five Guys in Athens after he started. Had my son go up to him and speak. To say he has had zero hand in their Strength program is not factual. He specifically told me that while he wasn't the coach that he has assisted with the program due to his experience. To what extent, I do not know, but I do know he worked with them. The intensity he brings seems invaluable, and he doesn't have to be a strength coach to improve that with any team he is a part of.

Even Kirby has admitted UGA would not have won that game if Alabama had both receivers and both corners. His perception seems different.
I saw Saban say, “you kicked our ass in the fourth quarter”, at the midfield handshake. Had we been more explosive w/our WRs, might not have been the same game, but they did impose their will. Hate to say it.

He hasn't been for there last two years. He wasn't working during the first.

There is no correlation here. Cochran's move to UGA ... friendship weighed heavily on his hire.

He's been on the sidelines, I've seen it with my own two eyes. I'll see if I can find some tape on it, but he has been on the Georgia sideline amongst the players on live television.

I do not doubt you on the friendship hire.

You've changed the language on me. "On the field" means an "on the field coach." He used to be, is no longer.

He's Georgia's version of Bobby Williams without the ability to coach.

My apologies. I meant he was on the sideline conversing with players and doing his rah rah thing like he did with us. That's why I was saying I felt he had injected that intensity in them.

My apologies. I meant he was on the sideline conversing with players and doing his rah rah thing like he did with us. That's why I was saying I felt he had injected that intensity in them.
Even still, trying to link Cochran's affect to UGA's success and looking back at his time in Tuscaloosa as a reason...just doesn't fit, Casey.

That "rah ah" style of his at Bama? It worked largely because Cochran spent time with these guys on a daily basis: throughout the entire year. They're in the weight room and he's pushing, screaming, and motivating.

He can't simply turn that one on a Saturday in Athens and expect the same result. During the week, his time with the players is in the film room: a "meathead" in the classroom teaching. He can't make the same impact.

I would almost be willing to bet his time spent with players has been cut by 90% since his time in Tuscaloosa. After all, his role is mainly with coaches. Kirby handles his special teams just like Saban: it's a group effort coaching the special teams with one guy titled "coordinator."

Even still, trying to link Cochran's affect to UGA's success and looking back at his time in Tuscaloosa as a reason...just doesn't fit, Casey.

That "rah ah" style of his at Bama? It worked largely because Cochran spent time with these guys on a daily basis: throughout the entire year. They're in the weight room and he's pushing, screaming, and motivating.

He can't simply turn that one on a Saturday in Athens and expect the same result. During the week, his time with the players is in the film room: a "meathead" in the classroom teaching. He can't make the same impact.

I would almost be willing to bet his time spent with players has been cut by 90% since his time in Tuscaloosa. After all, his role is mainly with coaches. Kirby handles his special teams just like Saban: it's a group effort coaching the special teams with one guy titled "coordinator."
Maybe we should bring in Tony Robbins… love that guy..

Back
Top Bottom