| FTBL Maisel article on Saban...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
I really like this part...

"The LSU game is the task at hand, which is all Saban professes to care about. But it is LSU. The word in the coaches' offices is that Saban has been unusually calm and focused this week."

Pertty good story. I meant to link it earlier whan I saw it. I liked the part where they discussed darts being thrown at his picture.

"Terry and I," Saban said, referring to his wife, "always have our little 10-minute coffee in the morning when we get up at 6:15. We talked about it a few times."

A smile crept across his face.

"Ten minutes. In my house, with the dogs, and that's it. The kids are still sleeping. I don't even let them hear about it. And the dogs don't talk."

Swamptick said:
Now Les has continued it and taken us to even another level with the type of success that we are experiencing around here."

Um....What?

I think that attitude is something that a lot of people have trouble getting their heads around. I've read posts where LSU fans say things like 'Les may be winning with Saban's players but he's winning more with Saban's players than Saban did'. Referencing the 9-3 season Saban posted in his last year at LSU and Miles 10-2 season the next year with basically the same players. (Of course last I checked Saban won a National Championship with his players and to date Miles has won 0 championships of any kind)

But I guess that their fans feel as though they have to draw the line in the sand.

pimpsahoy said:
Swamptick said:
Now Les has continued it and taken us to even another level with the type of success that we are experiencing around here."

Um....What?

I think that attitude is something that a lot of people have trouble getting their heads around. I've read posts where LSU fans say things like 'Les may be winning with Saban's players but he's winning more with Saban's players than Saban did'. Referencing the 9-3 season Saban posted in his last year at LSU and Miles 10-2 season the next year with basically the same players. (Of course last I checked Saban won a National Championship with his players and to date Miles has won 0 championships of any kind)

But I guess that their fans feel as though they have to draw the line in the sand.

If Les Miles is the better coach, as LSU fans continue to tell us, why on earth does it matter to them who the coach at Alabama is. Isn't their "better" coach good enough to beat our "not as good" coach?

CrimsonPirate said:
pimpsahoy said:
Swamptick said:

Um....What?

If Les Miles is the better coach, as LSU fans continue to tell us, why on earth does it matter to them who the coach at Alabama is. Isn't their "better" coach good enough to beat our "not as good" coach?

Come on, James, you've lived down on the bayou long enough to know that you can't figure out the LSU mentality (for the most part) from a logical standpoint. We've had living proof of that this week. I was actually surprised that a few more Tiger fans didn't show up.

Back
Top Bottom