| OT Look at the number of carp these guys have pulled in.

I've never fished for carp. I can take you to some crappie beds where you'll hit numbers like those. (so damn boney, good taste, so many damn bones.) Man, they jump on crickets like Hunter jumps on a crack pipe.

I got a new B'n'M Black Widow the other day...13' ... gonna be fun with that pole.

It's not the carp fishing so much as bow fishing in general. I like fishing, spear fishing, and bow hunting, this is kinda combining them all.

But I'd love to load the boat with crappie. My favorite Southern fresh water fish to eat, walleye is probably my favorite. Active sonar almost makes crappie fishing unfair, I don't really like it but for filling the freezer it's hard to beat.

Unless they’re feeding the starving kids in China, I was always told about as a child when I didn’t finish my food , it Looks like waste to me.

This guys need to invest in some targets. Save the food for when the shit hits the fan.

But I'd love to load the boat with crappie. My favorite Southern fresh water fish to eat, walleye is probably my favorite. Active sonar almost makes crappie fishing unfair, I don't really like it but for filling the freezer it's hard to beat.
I can take you to a dock, right now, that's off of a friend of mine's condo. You'd have more than you can eat in an hour. Off the bank, fishing. Just takes the right pole.

I have a Garmin. I don't take it out, normally. I have a set up that looks a lot like this one...I'd go outside and take an picture but I don't want to.

Screenshot 2024-07-04 11.28.48 AM.png

I can take you to a dock, right now, that's off of a friend of mine's condo. You'd have more than you can eat in an hour. Off the bank, fishing. Just takes the right pole.

I have a Garmin. I don't take it out, normally. I have a set up that looks a lot like this one...I'd go outside and take an picture but I don't want to.

View attachment 28175
Sounds like y'all got some good fishing over there, need to come check it out one of these days

Sounds like y'all got some good fishing over there, need to come check it out one of these days
Just like golf, everything within an hour.

Yes, we do. But, here's the thing. You have to listen to the OFC. I have a friend, Ron, who is out on the Reservoir right now. It's a "minor" fishing time on the water right now. So, let's call it 10" -14" bass.

Here's when the OFC's come into play. There's a new moon phase hitting...so the "major" fish are going to be hitting tonight. I'd have to look at the chart...guessing it's between 11PM and 2AM. My top water minnow bait would kill it tonight.

I might go out tonight. I don't know yet. I know a friend is going out about 10'ish...so I might. (Damn bull gators are growling right now so it's a little spooky.)

By "major"...you are talking about 18" to 20" on bass. IF I go out tonight, it'll be for the sport. I was just looking through my freezer and I have about 10lbs of bass, frozen. Maybe more.

We were sitting around shooting the shit last night and still have come to a decision. King Mackeral are fun...good meal. The spotted sea bass are just HUGE this season.

Back
Top Bottom