| LIFE Life expectancy by state. What the hell is going on in the South?

Gotta say this (cheap) stuff from Walmart is pretty dang good - when you brown some sausage and add this in.

iu
Heh... armed forces guy with his :poop: on a shingle. ;) :) :p

Gotta say this (cheap) stuff from Walmart is pretty dang good - when you brown some sausage and add this in.

iu
I've had the Great Value (canned) gravy and I'll admit, it's not too bad either. A neighbor of mine swears by it—with ground Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage.

She's cute, single, loves her beer and food...but even after showing her how to make biscuits she still insists on buying the frozen, pre-made biscuits in a bag.

I've had the Great Value (canned) gravy and I'll admit, it's not too bad either. A neighbor of mine swears by it—with ground Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage.

She's cute, single, loves her beer and food...but even after showing her how to make biscuits she still insists on buying the frozen, pre-made biscuits in a bag.
I don’t mind them. At least they’re not canned.

Homemade biscuits are great, but some of the ones from a bag ain't too bad in a pinch or if you're in a hurry.
Let's say you made biscuits yesterday morning. Are you and the family eating all of them?

I realize my perspective is a little different here—one mouth versus three. I made some yesterday, probably a dozen, maybe 13 out of the batch. I believe I ate three throughout the day.

Throw a couple in the toaster oven and I'm good to go (versus frozen.)

Caveat: I HATE bread/biscuits in the microwave.

Let's say you made biscuits yesterday morning. Are you and the family eating all of them?

I realize my perspective is a little different here—one mouth versus three. I made some yesterday, probably a dozen, maybe 13 out of the batch. I believe I ate three throughout the day.

Throw a couple in the toaster oven and I'm good to go (versus frozen.)

Caveat: I HATE bread/biscuits in the microwave.

God doesn't promise us a tomorrow, so why chance saving biscuits for it? Seriously, I don't make them from scratch too often, usually the occasional weekend morning. Don't get me on a rant though why stores around my house show a flippant at best attitude toward stocking buttermilk. I'm the same with stuff like pancakes though too. I love them, but rarely make them. On a weekday my breakfast is usually a Kind bar.

Gonna let you guys in on a little hack that will improve you lives 10 fold (no apologies if I've mentioned this before). Can be done at Jacks or Bojangles with similar degrees of success... Chicken biscuit, add gravy. You're welcome.

Also, it hit me why I thought I may have posted this before... Saw my bottle of Mike's Hot Honey in the pantry earlier and remembered I posted something similar a while back, but instead of gravy it was putting hot pepper infused honey on the chicken biscuit. That is also a clear path to breakfast victory.

God doesn't promise us a tomorrow,
Oh gawd. What was was was before was was was? 🙃

so why chance saving biscuits for it? Seriously, I don't make them from scratch too often, usually the occasional weekend morning.
One mouth compared to three. It certainly makes it easy to have a couple of sausage and biscuits ready to go: toaster oven for one, microwave for the other.

I'll admit donning an elitist attitude towards biscuits in a bag: they're edible. :ROFLMAO:

The White Lilly I use rises very well on it's own. Only flour and heavy whipping cream, nothing else.
Self-rising has baking soda and salt mixed in; another chemical reaction to get it to rise. You'll get more protein in your diet with All-purpose.

I've always heard, as well as read, to use All-Purpose unless the recipe calls for self-rising. I've used both and find the texture and flavor more to my liking with All-purpose.

Self-rising has baking soda and salt mixed in; another chemical reaction to get it to rise. You'll get more protein in your diet with All-purpose.

I've always heard, as well as read, to use All-Purpose unless the recipe calls for self-rising. I've used both and find the texture and flavor more to my liking with All-purpose.
I eat more than my share, but I believe refined flour is not good for anyone's health. I seldom make biscuits, but I get my quota elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom