| LIFE Life expectancy by state. What the hell is going on in the South?

Y'all can stone me if ya like ... but I'll go on record as saying "Heinz HomeStyle Country Style Sausage Gravy" is pretty damn good...for it being in a jar. Hell, the can (Libby's) isn't far off.

Y'all can stone me if ya like ... but I'll go on record as saying "Heinz HomeStyle Country Style Sausage Gravy" is pretty damn good...for it being in a jar. Hell, the can (Libby's) isn't far off.
Hell, I'll take a Jack's double gravy biscuits any day...throw in a extra side order of sausage to cut up in it. 😛
Z.jpg

@PurlJam Curious. How much are they? The last time I ordered some at a restaurant they were $8 a plate (Poogan's Porch.) I'd imagine that's only a dollar or two more than Jack's...but with a cloth napkin, ya know?

@PurlJam Curious. How much are they? The last time I ordered some at a restaurant they were $8 a plate (Poogan's Porch.) I'd imagine that's only a dollar or two more than Jack's...but with a cloth napkin, ya know?
The double gravy with a extra side of sausage ( 2 patties) are 6 bucks and change, with no extra sausage are 4 and change.

The double gravy with a extra side of sausage ( 2 patties) are 6 bucks and change, with no extra sausage are 4 and change.

Gonna let you guys in on a little hack that will improve you lives 10 fold (no apologies if I've mentioned this before). Can be done at Jacks or Bojangles with similar degrees of success... Chicken biscuit, add gravy. You're welcome.

I know...Jack's pretty much stops anywhere around 50 miles past the Bama state line. My drive to work (37 miles from Killen to Cherokee), I pass by 3 of them.
The one by the music hall of fame is just up the hill from the house I grew up it. I grew up just off that big 4-way stop. A little blue house just toward the Colbert Heights direction from that big intersection at the Burger King. That Jacks didn’t open until well after I moved out, unfortunately! We’d have worn it out!

Gonna let you guys in on a little hack that will improve you lives 10 fold (no apologies if I've mentioned this before). Can be done at Jacks or Bojangles with similar degrees of success... Chicken biscuit, add gravy. You're welcome.
I'll see that, and raise you.
The Vicious Biscuit, Summerville and Mt. Pleasant ...

Their house cowboy candy. 🤤

• THE VICIOUS
    Cheddar & jalapeño biscuit, crispy fried chicken breast, signature maple sausage gravy, house cowboy candy, and a maple syrup drizzle
    $12

Personal recommendation~ The Greyhound as your drink. Tito's has a way with starting a day off. You'd think the grapefruit juice would be something to avoid until you've tried it with their syrup as a mixer.

The one by the music hall of fame is just up the hill from the house I grew up it. I grew up just off that big 4-way stop. A little blue house just toward the Colbert Heights direction from that big intersection at the Burger King. That Jacks didn’t open until well after I moved out, unfortunately! We’d have worn it out!
Yep.Up the hill headed west past the Woodmont intersection. That's the last one you pass heading that way. I use to stop at that one, but these days you cant stir the crowd with a stick in the mornings and it's hard to get back on the highway. Lucky me, they built a new one on Florence Boulevard, right before you cross Shoal Creek at the marina, heading into Killen.

Yep.Up the hill headed west past the Woodmont intersection. That's the last one you pass heading that way. I use to stop at that one, but these days you cant stir the crowd with a stick in the mornings and it's hard to get back on the highway. Lucky me, they built a new one on Florence Boulevard, right before you cross Shoal Creek at the marina, heading into Killen.
Nice! I figure between the Harley Davidson crowd and the retirees, the one in Tuscumbia gets slammed. My house was right there on Woodmont, 2 up from highway 72.

Gotta say this (cheap) stuff from Walmart is pretty dang good - when you brown some sausage and add this in.

iu

Back
Top Bottom