| FTBL Let's implement of one of Coach Bryant's commands:

ijijmijij said:
haka4.jpg

At least we don't do the "haka"

It is interesting you bring that up. Hawaii is now being penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct when they do the Haka on the road. Jones has basically said screw you and the team continues to do it.

Prior to the opening kickoff against Louisiana Tech, the Warriors were assessed a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. The Bulldogs won the coin toss, opting to receive, and the Warriors were forced to kick off from their 15.

I've watched this debate for years and have yet to weigh in on what I think. So, I'm asking you to look at it under the realm of sportsmanship.

I imagine everyone here has heard about how Coach Bryant encouraged his players to hit 'em hard, pick 'em up, and tell them they would be right back. I also have seen many talk about how they don't like defensive players dancing around and taunting opponents when they make a big hit.

Which of those two would be considered good sportsmanship? I have no doubt you'll say the first one.

So, how is it any different for the fan base, those of you who like the cheer and yell it, for us to respond to a win by taunting the opponents and their fans?

I see a double standard here. Our players are supposed to act one way because they represent our University, but fans aren't under the same guidelines while they represent our University.

It's pretty clear cut looking at it this way, isn't it?

TerryP said:
I see a double standard here. Our players are supposed to act one way because they represent our University, but fans aren't under the same guidelines while they represent our University.

It's pretty clear cut looking at it this way, isn't it?

I can't count the number of times I've wished I could dictate guidelines to our fans.

musso said:
Show class; act like you've been there before.

Can we please terminate the "Rammer Jammer" cheer?????????!!!!!!!!! For a program who enjoys such a storied and rich history, we are better than this.

I nearly vomitted when in both games thus far, against Western Carolina and Vanderbilt, the band cranked up and the fans followed its lead into that embarrassing cheer.

Does anyone else feel me on this????

Nope, sorry! I LOVE IT! 8)

musso said:
Show class; act like you've been there before.

Can we please terminate the "Rammer Jammer" cheer?????????!!!!!!!!! For a program who enjoys such a storied and rich history, we are better than this.

I nearly vomitted when in both games thus far, against Western Carolina and Vanderbilt, the band cranked up and the fans followed its lead into that embarrassing cheer.

Does anyone else feel me on this????

I love it, as a matter of fact, I am listening to it right now.

RTR

GrumpyOldMan.jpg
In my day we didn't have fancy smancy cheers that taunted other teams.

We didn't stand up during games!

Flibilty Floo!!

We sat on our hands not making so much as a peep watching the team run the ball up the middle over and over again with no results for four quarters then we walked quietly back to our horse drawn wagons for the long ride home!

That's the way it was, and we liked it!!!

:wink: :D

Back
Top Bottom