| FTBL Lee Tiffin

G

His last FG was the difference...gotta give Saban the props on the call. Even the announcers questioned it, but it decided the game.

bear facts

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
BamaDelta said:
His last FG was the difference...gotta give Saban the props on the call. Even the announcers questioned it, but it decided the game.

Given the situation, 4th and 6, I believe, the FG call was the best for getting points. If it had been 4th and less than 4, I would have said go for it, but your chances decrease a lot with a 4th and greater than 5 scenario.

Plus, the FG takes some pressure off Bama's offense and back on Arkansas' defense for that last drive. Defense is always more comfortable when a TD will only tie. Knowing that a TD will probably beat you will tighten a defense up some.

Glad to see DJ come back in for the last drive and decoy for the other receivers.

RTR!

G

bear facts said:
BamaDelta said:

Given the situation, 4th and 6, I believe, the FG call was the best for getting points. If it had been 4th and less than 4, I would have said go for it, but your chances decrease a lot with a 4th and greater than 5 scenario.

Plus, the FG takes some pressure off Bama's offense and back on Arkansas' defense for that last drive. Defense is always more comfortable when a TD will only tie. Knowing that a TD will probably beat you will tighten a defense up some.

Glad to see DJ come back in for the last drive and decoy for the other receivers.

RTR!

It's a risk either way. I guess the announcers and my husband just don't know as much as Saban...go figure. :wink: :D

One big thing though...Saban showed 100% confidence in Tiffin and I think that's cool. :)

Top Bottom