| FTBL Lee Tiffin

His last FG was the difference...gotta give Saban the props on the call. Even the announcers questioned it, but it decided the game.

BamaDelta said:
His last FG was the difference...gotta give Saban the props on the call. Even the announcers questioned it, but it decided the game.

Given the situation, 4th and 6, I believe, the FG call was the best for getting points. If it had been 4th and less than 4, I would have said go for it, but your chances decrease a lot with a 4th and greater than 5 scenario.

Plus, the FG takes some pressure off Bama's offense and back on Arkansas' defense for that last drive. Defense is always more comfortable when a TD will only tie. Knowing that a TD will probably beat you will tighten a defense up some.

Glad to see DJ come back in for the last drive and decoy for the other receivers.

RTR!

bear facts said:
BamaDelta said:

Given the situation, 4th and 6, I believe, the FG call was the best for getting points. If it had been 4th and less than 4, I would have said go for it, but your chances decrease a lot with a 4th and greater than 5 scenario.

Plus, the FG takes some pressure off Bama's offense and back on Arkansas' defense for that last drive. Defense is always more comfortable when a TD will only tie. Knowing that a TD will probably beat you will tighten a defense up some.

Glad to see DJ come back in for the last drive and decoy for the other receivers.

RTR!

It's a risk either way. I guess the announcers and my husband just don't know as much as Saban...go figure. :wink: :D

One big thing though...Saban showed 100% confidence in Tiffin and I think that's cool. :)

Back
Top Bottom