| FTBL So much delusion in football circles these days. FSU better than Bama’s 2021 team.

Davestwin

I realize coaches use the press to speak to their players but sometimes they take their messages to the gates of delusionalville. There’s no harm in it unless you hurt yourself laughing too hard. Saying after one game against Clemson that FSU is a great team is akin to saying Duke’s a great team after their victory over Clemson. In both cases, the other teams had as much to do with their losses as FSU and Duke did with their victories.

I realize coaches use the press to speak to their players but sometimes they take their messages to the gates of delusionalville. There’s no harm in it unless you hurt yourself laughing too hard. Saying after one game against Clemson that FSU is a great team is akin to saying Duke’s a great team after their victory over Clemson. In both cases, the other teams had as much to do with their losses as FSU and Duke did with their victories.

That is what you get by a guy and team that has nvever been their or at least for a loooong time. CNS would be talking about we gotta get better and not dring the rat poison. This guys doesn't get that. They may be good but they have to get better to be great. If they read their press clippings they will not get full of themselves and not put in the work required. Game 1..... Gotta a long way to go.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It reminded me of a fan calling into Finebaum's show back in...2015?...maybe? (can't really remember). Anyway, they were talking about the QB of their team and they were saying how it was a Heisman performance and if he wasn't the front-runner for the Heisman, then the voters are delusional (or something along those lines). Finebaum let him finish, then retorted, "Well, I don't think you can make that assessment after the very first game of the season. Let's wait until maybe the 10th game and see if he's still doing as good against all the other teams they play."

Now I"m no fan of Finebaum (I was hearing it because someone had it on at work), but he was right. You can't make a good argument for the Heisman after 1 game...especially the very first game. And you're delusional if you think you can. And if I remember correctly, that player wound up not doing a damn thing the rest of the season.

And while I laughed at what FSU did to LSU, I think I'll wait for the rest of the season to play out before I make any judgements on who the better team is. Hell, in 2011 BAMA lost to LSU and still won the championship. In 2012, BAMA lost to aTm and still won the championship. In 2015 BAMA lost to Ole Miss and still won the championship. In 2017 BAMA lost to Auburn and still won the championship.

So winning one game against a power 5 school (while you, yourself, are a Power 5 school) doesn't mean you can take on the world and win.

Back
Top Bottom