| FTBL Kane Wommack sucks

One Alabama/Auburn coach told me one time… that the hardest thing he had to do when he come to the university was un- coach the other coaches coaching…
Not sure that would be a good thing at a program as successful as Bama under CNS. I would say the opposite would be the case, they would know how to prepare, improve and win because of the previous coach. How else can you explain Les Miles winning at LSU?

Not sure that would be a good thing at a program as successful as Bama under CNS. I would say the opposite would be the case, they would know how to prepare, improve and win because of the previous coach. How else can you explain Les Miles winning at LSU?
There may be issues in getting the guys to do it their way…or confusion in the schemes because of the way they were taught… Hardheaded or stubborn problems… who knows..

I just appreciate being able to absorb from you guys that do know what's happening and hopefully that is making me a better fan and participant on this site. Thank you all. BTW, in case I am on that list, someone let him know, because he wouldn't be able to read this;), it's ok, I understand.

ROLL TIDE!
You’re not on my list dude! I welcome almost all opinions, I just have a lower tolerance for dumbasses as I get older lol!

There may be issues in getting the guys to do it their way…or confusion in the schemes because of the way they were taught… Hardheaded or stubborn problems… who knows..
Indeed from learning CKD's system. That is the foundation of why I said there would be hiccups in year one until they have enough muscle memory so they can play fast. The bigger question for me is what is going on with the D? I am sure a new system is part of it but that is not the only thing with how they are performing. Everbody decided to bash CNS for the complexity of his D and praise Womack for its simplicity. So if it is simple and not hard to learn then it should not be this bad unless the simplicity also makes it easier to create a game plan against it. I believe it was @Brandon Van de Graaff that said we would get frustrated because at times the D would not be able to get off the field. Turns out that was an understatement.

Last edited:
To me it is common sense and not a dig at CKD. I think he will be fine and probably sooner rather than later as he inherited a great situation. Bottom line if D does not get better and they clean up penatlies we are going to have way more of these slip ups than any of us are comfortable with.

It was a very reasonable stance, and one I echoed some, but to a much lesser degree, leading into the season. I've tried to tap the breaks a few times here and there, especially on the last couple of game prediction/discussion threads when I felt expectations were a tad overzealous (not that I expected Bama to lose to Vandy by any means). While I still believe the potential for this team remains very high, it also coincides with almost equal levels of volatility. I will say, I expected things to be trending better in that department than they are after this weekend, but I also can't say it's shocking, nor is it a reason for panic.

Indeed from learning CKD's system. That is the foundation of why I said there would be hiccups in year one until they have enough muscle memory so they can play fast. The bigger question for me is what is going on with the D? I am sure a new system is part of it but that is not the only thing with how they are performing. Everbody decided to bash CNS for the complexity of his D and praise Womack for its simplicity. So if it is simple and not hard to learn then it should not be this bad unless the simplicity also makes it easier to create a game plan against it. I believe it was @Brandon Van de Graaff that said we would get frustrated because at times the D would be able to get off the field. Turns out that was an understatement.
A mix of a green secondary… With some skilled players with some “minor brainwashing” from the old system. A lot of gripes defense players are very out of position… and the coaches are not throwing them under the bus..Now the D lines may need some serious tweaking in their S&C programs, they have got to get stronger somewhere..

A mix of a green secondary… With some skilleId players with some “minor brainwashing” from the old system. A lot of gripes defense players are very out of position… and the coaches are not throwing them under the bus..Now the D lines may need some serious tweaking in their S&C programs, they have got to get stronger somewhere..
Yeah the secondary I expected more growing pains. It is the other areas of the D that should be better that have been shocking.

Back
Top Bottom