| FTBL Kane Wommack sucks

Since halftime of the Georgia game, when the opponent has gotten to 3rd down, they’ve reached a first down (or TD) either on the 3rd down or 4th down attempt, 24 of 30 times. And 2 of those they failed on, resulted in made field goals. I’ve never seen a defense have a string like that. Especially not a Bama defense. 24 of 30!

Players take on the mindset of their coaches.
I agree, but it's diminishing. Coaches can no longer dictate to the players like they used to. If you make it too hard on the players, they can leave for an easier path or one that pays them more. It's a race to the bottom given the fact that players don't have to commit anymore. Kirby Smart actually called it "the deterioration of football." Players don't have to stay in the fire to be purified anymore.

Bill Curry never lost to Vandy
Dubose never lost to Vandy
Franphony never lost to Vandy, even though he came perilously close in 2001
Mike fucking Shula never lost to Vandy

But this guy has. This was a BAD BAD BAD hire. We should have pushed harder for Kiffin
I'm not ready to say this is a bad hire. But there may have just been an awakening with this example of why the SEC is way different than the PAC-12 or any other conference in America. It's real every week here. You have to keep your team focused and realize the cost of not respecting EVERY opponent. Now the DC.... that may have been a bad hire....no adjustments, no idea of what to do to stop... VANDY! And, who is our S&C coach?

Last edited:
We still should have pushed for somebody from the Saban tree over this horrible hire. We should have kept it in the family. We need a Saban disciple to come home
I guess they probably should have fired Nick Saban after the loss to ULM in 2007...? We'd probably have had a much better run and even more championships if they had, huh?

I swear! Some of you people can't live with yourselves if there isn't absolute perfection at all times for every single game. Nobody is perfect. Coach Bryant wasn't perfect and Coach Saban wasn't perfect. The both won a lot of games. And they both lost games they should have won.

They had a bad game. How they respond next week will tell us a lot. But let's just remember that this is Coach DeBoer's 1st season in Tuscaloosa and cut the man at least a LITTLE slack. Yes, some things need to change. And I'm sure some things will change. But y'all talking that shit after 1 loss is just laughable.

Oh I know, how about y'all go down there and get them to hire you so they can win ALL the games forever and we never have to worry about anything ever again.

JFC!!!

this example of why the SEC is way different than the PAC-12 or any other conference in America. It's real every week here.
Ark beat Tenn. Miami may very well lose tonight too. We've talked about this before, but the rules will increase parity. That's what they all want, and that's what they are already getting. There's no reason for players to exhibit excellence week in and week out now that they have their money. They aren't working for a future. Their future is now.

"well that's just how today's game is played"
Completely agree although a lot of people point to CNS saying this. I have never bought into this.

With that said a lot of emotional people and comments in this thread. Fortuanetly I did not see the game or maybe I would be just as upset. I expected growing pains, not losing to Vandy growing pains mind you, but growing pains in year one. Folks were having none of that and continued to drink the kool-aid. It takes time. CKD was still a very good hire and he will get things fixed but it will not happen over night. He and the coaching staff learned a harsh SEC reality tonight.

Forget all of this NIL nonsense and go to work. Each player and coach must be accountable to the work so they can get better. Stop reading the headlines.

Back
Top Bottom