| FTBL Julio Jones comes to TV tonight

I have been watching him. I know guys on the team, and i have met JJ before. last night didn't really showcase his elusiveness. but one thing you can see from last night is the kid can jump, and he is FAST. the problem with their offense is JJ carries it on his back. Devin Smith is an OK QB, but like it was already stated in this thread, you won't see him in 1-A play ever. he makes poor decisions, and isn't that bright of a person off the field honestly. the WR position is a position of concern after JJ leaves, because the cupboard is fairly bare. Foley has a running game, but other than that and JJ there is not a ton of offensive talent. its hard for JJ to put up insane numbers every game because he is double covered literally all game every game.

I think the thing that impressed me the most was the fact that he was willing to play wherever the team needed him to play. He got a little over-excited on the defensive plays that he made, yet still he was there to make them. The second TD catch that he made looked pretty tough IMO. The few times that he lined up at QB looked alright. Still, one of the most impressive plays that I saw was at the end of the game when he downed the punt inside of the one yard line. The fact that he was able to get down the field, get the ball, and get it as close to the goal line as he could while falling toward the end zone, yet having the presence of mind to hand it off to the other player before he broke the plane, verrry impressive.(Note that I used a horribly long run-on sentence to represent the amount of things that went into the play :D .)

Bishop said:
Bones82 said:
After watching him play I would rather have Arthur Brown. Julio would be a really great addition though.

What do mean after watching him play? He had more talent than all the other players on the field combined last night.

I agree...DUDE. I would love to see Julio at UA. I was just saying my number one choice of a recruit would be Arthur Brown.

TideAlum05 said:
Bones82 said:
After watching him play I would rather have Arthur Brown. Julio would be a really great addition though.

Location: Daphne, AL. JJ is better than any receiver we have on our team right now. He got hurt and still had 100+ and 2 TDs. Not to mention the fact that Foley's QB isn't going to be playing D1A ball anywhere. JJ is gonna be a beast, he already is.

I grew up in Birmingham and do not give a damn about Daphne HS. So your Daphne comment was pretty lame. I agree he is a beast but I would not put him above all of our recievers on campus and IMO he is not the best player in the nation.

I was surfing back and forth between that game, baseball, and SC/KY, and I admit I didn't see him at his best. I did see him disadvantage his team with a late hit and a face mask when he was playing defense, so even though he has considerable physical skills he needs to discipline himself so he doesn't hurt his team.

psychojoe said:
I was surfing back and forth between that game, baseball, and SC/KY, and I admit I didn't see him at his best. I did see him disadvantage his team with a late hit and a face mask when he was playing defense, so even though he has considerable physical skills he needs to discipline himself so he doesn't hurt his team.
I watched the entire game and he seemed really physical and somewhat undisciplined. Is Cody White(QB of Daphne) any relation to Pat White?

And his mom said last night that he was looking to staying close to home.

WDE1313 said:
psychojoe said:
I watched the entire game and he seemed really physical and somewhat undisciplined. Is Cody White(QB of Daphne) any relation to Pat White?

Coley White and it is Pat's younger brother. Or at least that's what the anouncers said about 20 times.

Bama Bo said:
WDE1313 said:
psychojoe said:

Coley White and it is Pat's younger brother. Or at least that's what the anouncers said about 20 times.

:lol:

And you would think it was quiet enough down on the farm for WDE to have heard that. :wink:

Bama Bo said:
WDE1313 said:
psychojoe said:

Coley White is his younger brother. He is alot smaller, does not have near the arm Pat does, but is still a blazer.

Back
Top Bottom