| FTBL Jimmy Johns

G

I think we have all been a big fan of JJs, and all have been perplexed at trying to find the best place for a guy who is simple a football player in the most complementary terms. My thoughts were that JJ had good potential at LB, but he was handicapped by not having much time to learn the job to an SEC level.

The several times that I focused in on him during the A-Day game seemed to reveal a guy painfully green, a point made more significant with the suspension of Prince Hall. I left being uneasy about his contribution at LB, at least through the first few weeks. You know Clemson will target him.

Can someone please put me at easy with regards to JJ's prospects?

the first clemson running back that is "on target" and actually has the misfortune of being hit head on by JJ will likely be replaced by another running back on the next play.

JJ is a viscious hitter. he was so lost at A-Day that he never got squared up on anyone much, but have no fear.

JJ at LB will be kind of like Sammy Sosa at a pinata party... even blindfolded and swinging wildly at some point the bat will make contact with the pinata! JJ hits so hard that i can guarantee you he will change the entire course of at least a couple or three games this season with one hit. he certainly did that on special teams.

does that make you feel better?

jdpas29 said:
the first clemson running back that is "on target" and actually has the misfortune of being hit head on by JJ will likely be replaced by another running back on the next play.
... and I just hope Jimmy makes a tremendous hit one more time in the following play because Clemson backfield is so talented man. :D

RTR,

It'll take a little time for him to get the calls down and all, but I feel he will do fine. The guy is a head hunter, he will find the man with the ball and unload at some point.

firestorm said:
jdpas29 said:
... and I just hope Jimmy makes a tremendous hit one more time in the following play because Clemson backfield is so talented man. :D

RTR,

Thos guys have made some pretty good LB'S look like they were standing still, i just hope he doesnt get to far out of position, because if you blink with those two guys, it could be 6 really quick :?

bamabarney said:
Is it a possibility that JJ could RS this year if one of the incoming freshman pick up the system early?

Sure, bit it's my opinion the chance of him 'shirting is very small. (One thing to note is McCarron has been promised the #10 jersey which leads me to think it'll be available for '09)

On the JJ note and some of the comments on this thread I don't see JJ getting a lot of PT against Clemson. If last year is any indication we'll be in a nickel package for 60+% of the plays which will leave us playing 3 LB's but with one of them on the line. RM in the middle putting the question mark on who is going to play the outside backer.

In our defense RM calls the formation for the DL and LB's...that call isn't something I can see JJ being able to handle and it would be real early for a incoming frosh to call those as well.

AJ will be on offense and JJ on defense so they both can still have #10.

TerryP said:
bamabarney said:
Is it a possibility that JJ could RS this year if one of the incoming freshman pick up the system early?

Sure, bit it's my opinion the chance of him 'shirting is very small. (One thing to note is McCarron has been promised the #10 jersey which leads me to think it'll be available for '09)

On the JJ note and some of the comments on this thread I don't see JJ getting a lot of PT against Clemson. If last year is any indication we'll be in a nickel package for 60+% of the plays which will leave us playing 3 LB's but with one of them on the line. RM in the middle putting the question mark on who is going to play the outside backer.

In our defense RM calls the formation for the DL and LB's...that call isn't something I can see JJ being able to handle and it would be real early for a incoming frosh to call those as well.

Aftermath said:
AJ will be on offense and JJ on defense so they both can still have #10.

TerryP said:
bamabarney said:

I think is point was, Johns will be gone, which is correct.

I'd be looking for Harris or Hightower before JJ. the 2nd best LB in the country coming out of high school is probably more skilled at that postion than a running back that has played LB all of 2 months.

imo JJ is gonna do go at backer this year, and i guarantee he puts a few players out for at least a play this coming see. that man can flatout hit. if hes able to pick up the playbook, like alot of ppl have said, he will be a force.

Back
Top Bottom