| FTBL Jeremy Elder arrested

alagator said:
BamaFan615 said:
alagator said:
BamaFan615 said:
Thanks, dad....
Don't make childish comments and you will not be treated like a child.

The fact of the matter is armed robbery trumps anything the UTer players have been accused of this year. And any attempt to rationalize away the severity of the charge by trying to feel superior to the UTers is juvenile at best.

Want to be treated as a reasonable adult, act like one.

I don't exactly know what you're talking about "childish comments"...and never once did I ever claim that "a DUI is worse than than armed robbery". I was mearly trying to point out the fact that another UT player got arrested...that's like three in the past couple of weeks.

Get your facts straight and don't jump on me for trying to add to the conversation. Thanks.
Oh yeah! To paraphrase your addition to this conversation, "We should not feel so bad that one of our own players was just arrested for FELONY ARMED ROBBERY because we can instead be distracted by the fact that another UTer was just arrested."

That paraphrase is a very accurate representation of your first comment, and such a characterization is confirmed by your latest clarification.

And THAT is the childish comment you made, and have now repeated. What in the hell does an UTer being arrested have to do with the real and serious issue of one of our own being arrested for FEKONY ARMED ROBBERY ON THE UA CAMPUS? Are YOU less troubled by the probable acts of Elder simply because you can instead be comforted by the fact that his ONE act is somehow trumped in your mind by the four or five minor legal issues in Knoxville?

Again, if you are not comfortable with your comments being treated as immature, then don't make such childish additions to the conversation.

Them are the accurate facts.

I never once MEANT for anyone to take it like you took it. I was simply trying to show that this punter at UT got arrested.

Now if you really think about it deep down, I don't think that anyone in their right mind would think or say that Armed Robbery and Drinking and Driving are equivilant, becuase they are not. I thought that this was obvious, and did not mean for it to be taken that way. If that was the way it sounded, sorry.

But if you want to talk about childish, is having an argument with someone else over a message board, so why don't we leave it at that...a misunderstanding, which is what it appears to be. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but...I have heard from a couple of my UT buddies that this is not Colquitt's first DUI either, so he might be in more legal trouble than once thought, if that's true.

Maybe we should start a serprate thread :D

BamaFan615 said:
Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but...I have heard from a couple of my UT buddies that this is not Colquitt's first DUI either, so he might be in more legal trouble than once thought, if that's true.

It is at least his 3rd.

RTR

Supergenius said:
BamaFan615 said:

It is at least his 3rd.

RTR

Yea, I was told that it was his third.

He admitted to it, so now I can pass judgement! Hey Jefro nice move you just pissed away an education which obviously you needed! and you will cost Alabamian's a hell of alot more now dumbass! because we have to feed and house your ass for 20 years! ship him back to Georgia please!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

bamarooski said:
He admitted to it, so now I can pass judgement! Hey Jefro nice move you just pissed away an education which obviously you needed! and you will cost Alabamian's a hell of alot more now dumbass! because we have to feed and house your ass for 20 years! ship him back to Georgia please!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

:shock: :shock:

Argo said:
bamarooski said:

I thought Jefro was a stereotypical white southern male name. ;scr

Tider 27 said:
Argo said:
bamarooski said:

And who is BUBBA! ;scr it can be either! Oh! yea did you miss the part about feeding him for 20 years. POINT!

bamarooski said:
Tider 27 said:
Argo said:
bamarooski said:

And who is BUBBA! ;scr it can be either! Oh! yea did you miss the part about feeding him for 20 years. POINT!

Here is an intellectual view of "Bubba" from Wikipedia

Wikipedia: Bubba
Bubba is a relationship nickname formed from brother, given to boys to indicate their role in the family, especially the oldest male sibling. For some boys and men, bubba is used so pervasively it replaces the given name. The nickname may also be used outside the family by friends as a term of affection.

Because of its association with the southern part of the United States, bubba is often used outside the South as a pejorative meaning low economic status and limited education. The term "bubba" may also be taken to mean one who is a "good ol' boy" who has difficult business and social relationships due to his self-absorbed outlook on life. It is also used pejoratively in prison sex jokes, where Bubba is a stereotyped homosexual male who rapes his fellow inmates, usually when they "drop the soap".

Bubba has also developed into a proper noun, used as a term of endearment, to describe someone who is especially lovable, adorable, etc. Also used to identify someone's significant other (i.e "She's my Bubba".[citation needed]) It is said to have evolved from the word 'baby', but its origin is unknown. Used predominantly in the Chicago area, specifically in the Edgewater/Andersonville neighborhoods.

BUBBAS is a term defined In Key West Florida as "Building Unity Between Brothers and Sisters" This is the official Slogan of Key West. - MK & PBJ

Tider 27 said:
Argo said:
bamarooski said:

That would be Jethro. Jefro indicates stereotypical black southern male.

I'm sorry. I just do not understand. A kid has a full scholarship. All he has to do is play ball, go to class, and keep his nose clean. Why is that so hard to do? Lord, I would love to have had that opportunity coming out of high school.

CrimsonPirate said:
I'm sorry. I just do not understand. A kid has a full scholarship. All he has to do is play ball, go to class, and keep his nose clean. Why is that so hard to do? Lord, I would love to have had that opportunity coming out of high school.

You and me both, school is expensive :shock:

Back
Top Bottom