| FTBL Jeremy Elder arrested

252BAMA said:
This is not one of the ways I had in mind to get down to 85 scholarships.

Better that he showed his true character now rather than later.

I just don't understand it.... You've got an athletic scholly to UA, with all the perks, and you find it necessary to ruin your life for a few bucks.

What an idiot.

HiTide said:
252BAMA said:
This is not one of the ways I had in mind to get down to 85 scholarships.

Better that he showed his true character now rather than later.

I just don't understand it.... You've got an athletic scholly to UA, with all the perks, and you find it necessary to ruin your life for a few bucks.

What an idiot.
unfortunately, not everybody thinks that way. while that is logical to you and I, it isn't always logical to a 18 year old athlete. but i agree, i hate that he made a bad decision and has basically ruined the rest of his life, but i'm glad he showed this side early rather than later.

Chill out, people! This is Amercia and he is innocent until proven guilty! It could have been another 6'3" 271 lb black guy that held up those students. :roll:

I hope this doesn't trigger another moot court debate between Barney and Gomer. If it does, I'm calling Goober to kick both of their @sses which, of course, would be a felony.

Stupid move by him. He got out of College Park, GA, but couldn't get College Park out of him. College park is the first Marta train stop north of the Atlanta airport. ROUGH neighborhood.

Tideboy said:
Stupid move by him. He got out of College Park, GA, but couldn't get College Park out of him. College park is the first Marta train stop north of the Atlanta airport. ROUGH neighborhood.

Very rough.

BamaFan615 said:
This certainly isn't the type of player that we need in this program. But it could be worse, Tennessee just had another player arrested...this time their punter (Colquit) was arrested on a DUI.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3251463
I hope by the 'it could be worse' comment you are referring to the number of offenses committed by UT players, because NONE of the individual charges against the UTers comes remotely close to what Elder is charged with doing - and in my opinion you could total up all the offenses by the UT players and they would still be short of this ONE offense.

Robbery at gun point is only one smart-assed comment by one of the victims away from the gun being fired and one or two MURDER victims.

Now, a DUI could also very easily result in a death. But the intent of driving under the influence is not the same as wielding a gun during the overt commission of a crime.

But, I have read that Saban has issued a statement announcing Elder is indefinitely suspended until further notice. I would hope UA would make a similar announcement soon that Elder is suspended as a STUDENT until the case is resolved.

Back
Top Bottom