| FTBL Jeremy Elder arrested

alagator said:
I would hope UA would make a similar announcement soon that Elder is suspended as a STUDENT until the case is resolved.

I wonder if he has more rights as a student than as a football player.

UA might not be able to move until he is guilty.

If he is guilty he has got bigger problems than football and Saban.

BamaHubMan said:
I wonder if he has more rights as a student than as a football player.

UA might not be able to move until he is guilty.

If he is guilty he has got bigger problems than football and Saban.
You may be correct in that UA might be hamstrung in actions they can take against a merely accused student. But, I think a temporary suspension (which I did not clearly state above) could, and should, be an option for such an alleged crime by a student. I would hate for UA to keep a student accused of armed robbery enrolled and the accused do this - or something similar or worse, in the immediate future. And it is possible the Student Court could intervene before the state courts hear the case and the former issue an immediate but temporary suspension.

Still, I think Saban hinted in his press release that further University action is eminent - where he mentioned the University has policies in place for matters if this magnitude.

alagator said:
BamaFan615 said:
This certainly isn't the type of player that we need in this program. But it could be worse, Tennessee just had another player arrested...this time their punter (Colquit) was arrested on a DUI.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3251463
I hope by the 'it could be worse' comment you are referring to the number of offenses committed by UT players, because NONE of the individual charges against the UTers comes remotely close to what Elder is charged with doing - and in my opinion you could total up all the offenses by the UT players and they would still be short of this ONE offense.

Robbery at gun point is only one smart-assed comment by one of the victims away from the gun being fired and one or two MURDER victims.

Thanks, dad....

This is a very unfortunate situation and I can only hope that Elder is being falsely accused. Until something more concrete surfaces, I'm going to hold off my judgement on Elder.

I still remember a few years back when Freddie Roach was accused of a crime. Papers and local news had to retract that story and issue an apology.

alagator said:
BamaFan615 said:
This certainly isn't the type of player that we need in this program. But it could be worse, Tennessee just had another player arrested...this time their punter (Colquit) was arrested on a DUI.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3251463

Now, a DUI could also very easily result in a death. But the intent of driving under the influence is not the same as wielding a gun during the overt commission of a crime.

I have two very dear friends by the name of Chris and Danielle Collar. Last summer, their 6 month old daughter, Chloe, was taken from them while in Florida on their very first family vacation when they were hit from behind by a drunk driver. The driver had two previous arrest for DUI. Would you like to try and sell that assinine load of crap opinion to them?

Chloe was almost exactly one month older than my daughter, so I'm a little touchy about this subject and I make no apology for feeling that way.

I suspect any FOOTBALL player at the University of Alabama who is dumb enought to rob someone ON CAMPUS probably isn't exactly pulling a 4.0 average. It wouldn't surprise me if he was wearing his jersey with his name and number on the back.

BamaFan615 said:
Thanks, dad....
Don't make childish comments and you will not be treated like a child.

The fact of the matter is armed robbery trumps anything the UTer players have been accused of this year. And any attempt to rationalize away the severity of the charge by trying to feel superior to the UTers is juvenile at best.

Want to be treated as a reasonable adult, act like one.

alagator said:
BamaFan615 said:
Thanks, dad....

The fact of the matter is armed robbery trumps anything the UTer players have been accused of this year. And any attempt to rationalize away the severity of the charge by trying to feel superior to the UTers is juvenile at best.

I don't exactly know what you're talking about "childish comments"...and never once did I ever claim that "a DUI is worse than than armed robbery". I was mearly trying to point out the fact that another UT player got arrested...that's like three in the past couple of weeks.

Get your facts straight and don't jump on me for trying to add to the conversation. Thanks.

BamaFan615 said:
alagator said:
BamaFan615 said:
Thanks, dad....

I don't exactly know what you're talking about "childish comments"...and never once did I ever claim that "a DUI is worse than than armed robbery". I was mearly trying to point out the fact that another UT player got arrested...that's like three in the past couple of weeks.

Get your facts straight and don't jump on me for trying to add to the conversation. Thanks.
Oh yeah! To paraphrase your addition to this conversation, "We should not feel so bad that one of our own players was just arrested for FELONY ARMED ROBBERY because we can instead be distracted by the fact that another UTer was just arrested."

That paraphrase is a very accurate representation of your first comment, and such a characterization is confirmed by your latest clarification.

And THAT is the childish comment you made, and have now repeated. What in the hell does an UTer being arrested have to do with the real and serious issue of one of our own being arrested for FEKONY ARMED ROBBERY ON THE UA CAMPUS? Are YOU less troubled by the probable acts of Elder simply because you can instead be comforted by the fact that his ONE act is somehow trumped in your mind by the four or five minor legal issues in Knoxville?

Again, if you are not comfortable with your comments being treated as immature, then don't make such childish additions to the conversation.

Them are the accurate facts.

I hate to mention this, but if he reallt needed $, why was he sticking up a college student? When I was in college I was always broke or on the verge of being broke. and so were most of my friends. I doubt much has changed in that regard.

alagator said:
Are YOU less troubled by the probable acts of Elder simply because you can instead be comforted by the fact that his ONE act is somehow trumped in your mind by the four or five minor legal issues in Knoxville?

I would not call a DUI a minor legal issue.

alagator said:
Them are the accurate facts.

Your post, while insightful and well reasoned has very few facts in it. Facts, as I would hope you know, are irrefutable truths. Opinion, regardless of how well reasoned is still just opinion after all.

alagator said:
That paraphrase is a very accurate representation of your first comment,
Opinion By it's nature a paraphrase is inaccurate. To be accurate is to be just that...accurate which I am sure you understand that accurate by definition does not have degrees in itself. Accurate is either accurate or it is not.

alagator said:
And THAT is the childish comment you made, and have now repeated
Again this is opinion. There would be no real way to objectively define this as a fact sense there is no concrete basis for comparison as all language is subjectively processed rather than objectively measured. How can you prove the childish nature of the his statements?

alagator said:
What in the hell does an UTer being arrested have to do with the real and serious issue of one of our own being arrested for FEKONY ARMED ROBBERY ON THE UA CAMPUS? Are YOU less troubled by the probable acts of Elder simply because you can instead be comforted by the fact that his ONE act is somehow trumped in your mind by the four or five minor legal issues in Knoxville?
These statements are interrogatives and therefore contain no fact since they do not establish information but rather require it.

alagator said:
Again, if you are not comfortable with your comments being treated as immature, then don't make such childish additions to the conversation.

This is a rebuttal and is not full of anything other than your opinion and view regardless of how many people might share your opinion. You will find that point of view seems to be determining your 'facts' in which case they of course are not facts at all but speculative conjecture based on your opinion.

I am not trying to obfuscate the situation. Just wanted to be clear that there was almost no facts in your rebuttal yet you were eager to try to discredit another for the same thing you yourself did.

Back
Top Bottom