| FTBL Its sad, but I am beginning to hate every team

G

other than Bama, because of their fans.

Every week it is the same thing...a bunch of disrespectful, puffed up, rival fans with an over-inflated sense of self worth, hurling mud at our coaches, players, and university.

I don't ever see it in reverse...and I look for it. I cannot find people slinging mud at UGA, yet UGA fans are calling us cheaters and insulting Saban and our players constantly.

I mean...Richt has plenty to bash on him about with all of the off the field problems and the other issues such as choreographed bad sportsmanship...but I don't see Bama fans bringing it up...and it is the same thing every week.

Its like God invented class and gave it to Alabama fans, but He ran out before anyone else got any. Sure there are some Bama fans who have an IQ just slightly above a garden slug, but they are few compared to other schools.

Maybe it is the football IQ issue...most Bama fans analyze the games and discuss. Other team's fans just say "they suck" and attack us.

I am so tired of it.

Big_Fan said:

Every week it is the same thing...a bunch of disrespectful, puffed up, rival fans with an over-inflated sense of self worth, hurling mud at our coaches, players, and university.

I don't ever see it in reverse...and I look for it. I cannot find people slinging mud at UGA, yet UGA fans are calling us cheaters and insulting Saban and our players constantly.

I mean...Richt has plenty to bash on him about with all of the off the field problems and the other issues such as choreographed bad sportsmanship...but I don't see Bama fans bringing it up...and it is the same thing every week.

Its like God invented class and gave it to Alabama fans, but He ran out before anyone else got any. Sure there are some Bama fans who have an IQ just slightly above a garden slug, but they are few compared to other schools.

Maybe it is the football IQ issue...most Bama fans analyze the games and discuss. Other team's fans just say "they suck" and attack us.

I am so tired of it.

Don't feel bad. They've always hated us. Now that we're a program on the rise, it scares the heck out of them that we might begin to dominate like we used to. They thought that Bama - the big, bad bully of the SEC had gone for good. But, objects in your rear view mirror are closer than they appear. :D

Roll Tide

I think being "disrespectful" is widespread and goes far beyond the football field. I agree with you that I don't see it as much from our side, although I will admit that I view everything behind crimson colored glasses.

To be fair, I will have to point out that (as you may recall) after the OT loss to UGA last year the students "made it rain" on the UGA players with cups, etc. Definately not our proudest moment.

Personally, I get ticked off with Bama fans for 2 things: 1) throwing crap onto the field, 2) booing our own team. Both of which are rare (fortunately).

Yeah, unfortunately we had mud slingers wearing crimson too. It just so happens most everyone here has class and we don't trash other teams too much, of course there are some exceptions :twisted: . That is what sets this forum apart from others, and we can thank the mods for that.

I'll go a step further than HiTide....

I don't like us booing the other team when they come on the field. That includes Tennessee. As much as I want to I don't boo them either. I'll boo a referee in a heartbeat, but I just don't like to boo the other team.

I think the best thing is to allow our team to mop there butts with the field and that is all they need. Just like last weekends game when Arky was getting a bit pissy on the field and got the penalty for roughing the passer late. JPW grabbed the guy by the shoulder pad and pointed to the scoreboard. Nuff said!!

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
I can assure you that it comes from our side quite a bit. We just don't realize it because we don't want to.

Oh, I know we have some...but the sheer numbers and the absolute level of hatred is frightening.

You would think we had assaulted their elderly grandmothers. The majority of Bama fans are good natured people, and there are few stirring up crap. Look around at rival boards and all you see is "living in the past" and "cheaters." There are threads on DawgRun about Bryant beating his wife and being an alcoholic...amazingly venomous stuff...and we rarely play those people.

I knew last week what Arkansas fans would bring and I was a bit preemtive because they are always bad, but the UGA people surprise me. Reading their posts makes me realize that those people are just low-down. I mean scum of the earth low-down.

I challenge you to find ANYTHING anti-UGA on a Bama board that even comes CLOSE to the level you find on UGA boards...and it is like this every week - no matter who we are playing.

If we have ours...SHOW ME. I don't mean one poster stirring the pot...I mean threads of hate.

rammerjammer said:
I'll go a step further than HiTide....

I don't like us booing the other team when they come on the field. That includes Tennessee. As much as I want to I don't boo them either. I'll boo a referee in a heartbeat, but I just don't like to boo the other team.

I think the best thing is to allow our team to mop there butts with the field and that is all they need. Just like last weekends game when Arky was getting a bit pissy on the field and got the penalty for roughing the passer late. JPW grabbed the guy by the shoulder pad and pointed to the scoreboard. Nuff said!!

I agree completely. The really sad thing about it is, normally, when those dumbasses are booing, the Tide is hitting the field at the same time.

Big_Fan said:
Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
I can assure you that it comes from our side quite a bit. We just don't realize it because we don't want to.

Oh, I know we have some...but the sheer numbers and the absolute level of hatred is frightening.

You would think we had assaulted their elderly grandmothers. The majority of Bama fans are good natured people, and there are few stirring up crap. Look around at rival boards and all you see is "living in the past" and "cheaters." There are threads on DawgRun about Bryant beating his wife and being an alcoholic...amazingly venomous stuff...and we rarely play those people.

I knew last week what Arkansas fans would bring and I was a bit preemtive because they are always bad, but the UGA people surprise me. Reading their posts makes me realize that those people are just low-down. I mean scum of the earth low-down.

I challenge you to find ANYTHING anti-UGA on a Bama board that even comes CLOSE to the level you find on UGA boards...and it is like this every week - no matter who we are playing.

If we have ours...SHOW ME. I don't mean one poster stirring the pot...I mean threads of hate.

Maybe this is why our stadium isn't as loud as our rivals. It is good and bad. Yes, we can think of ourselves as better folks, but it also hurts us in the intimmidation factor at home games.

Big_Fan said:

I am so tired of it.

Welcome to the club. What took you so long? :lol:

I don't understand the venom that comes from some of these folks as well.

I actually really like Mark Richt. I think he is not only and outstanding coach, but a heck of an individual off the field. I have no hatred for Georgia, yet Georgia fans that I run into every where hate us. (WHY) I work with a guy from Georgia and he is awful.

Vince Dooley was a fantastic coach and his wife Barbara has some of the most wonderful stories you could ever want to hear. She was on Finebaum (I think) back at SEC media days and told the story of the first time that Georgia beat Alabama when Vince was coaching there and how she went up to Coach Bryant to rub it in the next year. She was a pistol ball. Her interview reminds me a lot of how bubbly a personality and outgoing Terri Saban is.

I love to hear Coach Pat Dye. He is just an old country boy that knows X's and O's. He is hilarious with some of his backwoods statements. I was relegated to listening to Finebaum because I couldn't pick up D&B where I was at today and he (Finebaum) was talking about his interview with Dye on his show yesterday. Dye was speaking of talking to Harper Lee (author of To kill a Mockingbird) Dye kept referring to it as to kill a Blackbird. You can't pay for entertainment this good.

I said all that to say this. I don't hate anybody we go up against. I respect them. I despise Phat Phil because he is a rat fink Bastage that needed to worry about his own house before he needed to clean up ours, but everybody else in the league I really have no bitterness towards. Even corndog lovers and cow lovers. :D

HiTide said:
I think being "disrespectful" is widespread and goes far beyond the football field. I agree with you that I don't see it as much from our side, although I will admit that I view everything behind crimson colored glasses.

To be fair, I will have to point out that (as you may recall) after the OT loss to UGA last year the students "made it rain" on the UGA players with cups, etc. Definately not our proudest moment.

Personally, I get ticked off with Bama fans for 2 things: 1) throwing crap onto the field, 2) booing our own team. Both of which are rare (fortunately).

Every team has fans like that, like it or not. And most of those fans didnt even attend the University they root for or go to college at all. I tend to agree your forum compared to many keeps the venom in check. When you read other team forums please remember that they represent the stupid, poorly educated segment of the fan base. Not all of us think like that.

it all goes back to the days of elementary school football. Remember when you were in PE playing a game of football and your team won. The other team was so upset all they could say was "you cheated!" even though you played the game fair and square. ;)

so just take a deep breath and think...hey, Alabama must be back, because everyone is calling us cheaters again...so we must be doing something right!

Im sorry I gotta say something here....There are alot of you on this site that have more class than anyone I have ever talked to. With that being said there are also a few people out there that are mean spirited and hateful , toward other ,teams ,fans,coaches ect. The problem is that the voice of a few negatives usually carries over the voice of the good......a few bad apples spoils the barrel in this case. There are bad Tenn fans,and bad GA fans(alot) and most all FL fans are bad, and there are some bad bama fans as well, No matter who ya play there are always gonna be some drunk A-holes that disrespect what you love most. All you can do is rise above it and not take it to heart. Enjoy the rivalrys, but enjoy them with the good fans and don't pay attention to the morons.

Back
Top Bottom