| FTBL Its sad, but I am beginning to hate every team

ORANGEADDICT said:
Im sorry I gotta say something here....There are alot of you on this site that have more class than anyone I have ever talked to. With that being said there are also a few people out there that are mean spirited and hateful , toward other ,teams ,fans,coaches ect. The problem is that the voice of a few negatives usually carries over the voice of the good......a few bad apples spoils the barrel in this case. There are bad Tenn fans,and bad GA fans(alot) and most all FL fans are bad, and there are some bad bama fans as well, No matter who ya play there are always gonna be some drunk A-holes that disrespect what you love most. All you can do is rise above it and not take it to heart. Enjoy the rivalrys, but enjoy them with the good fans and don't pay attention to the morons.

The issue I see is not with "mean spirited-ness. There are a lot of Bama fans (and fans of every team) who refer to Phil as fat phil the pumpkin and such...but that is a far cry from portraying a beloved former coach (who is deceased) as a wife beating alcoholic. There is a thread to that effect on a UGA message board right now, and I have seen similar on barner and Vol boards.

The portrayal of Bama fans as being obsessed with "The Bear" is ridiculous. About the only time he gets mentioned is when someone else does it, but we do remember him fondly. We don't drone on and on about General Neyland or Shug Jordan's personal lives.

That is not just low class, it is the act of scum sucking vermin.

I understand but I think your missing my point that these a holes are everywhere and we must rise above the ridiculas crap they say. Yes they are hateful and class less but they are who they are and we are who we are.....if you let these jerks get to ya they win.... The world remembers Bear for what he really was....One of the greatest (if not the greatest) coaches of all time.......... no one listens to those jerks that say otherwise, and even so its on a website thread that mostly uga fans look at and i bet you the good fans don't even read that redneck crap. I hope you see where i am coming from.

Big_Fan said:
The portrayal of Bama fans as being obsessed with "The Bear" is ridiculous. About the only time he gets mentioned is when someone else does it.

Amen! I've been watching this for a few years now. It is NOT us that is always bringing up Coach Bryant...it's the media and the opposition. Yes, we have Coach Bryant in our pre-game video. Guess what, we also have Coach Stallings. We have two coaches that won national championships for us. Do they really expect us to put Curry and Franchoine as well? :roll:

ORANGEADDICT said:
I understand but I think your missing my point that these a holes are everywhere and we must rise above the ridiculas crap they say. Yes they are hateful and class less but they are who they are and we are who we are.....if you let these jerks get to ya they win.... The world remembers Bear for what he really was....One of the greatest (if not the greatest) coaches of all time.......... no one listens to those jerks that say otherwise, and even so its on a website thread that mostly uga fans look at and i bet you the good fans don't even read that redneck crap. I hope you see where i am coming from.

ORANGEADDICT, I do see your comments and agree those fans are everywhere. I also see you taking pot shots at UGA and UF about how bad the fans are. I have read some awful stuff at Vol Nation. Dont come on here trying to act like your fans are above that.

To the Alabama fans, what has been posted about Bear Bryant and your tradition is in-excusable and I apologize for what has been said.

Lets have a great game on Saturday night and then lets root for each other to beat Auburn and UT.

ugamtnbiker said:
ORANGEADDICT said:

ORANGEADDICT, I do see your comments and agree those fans are everywhere. I also see you taking pot shots at UGA and UF about how bad the fans are. I have read some awful stuff at Vol Nation. Dont come on here trying to act like your fans are above that.

To the Alabama fans, what has been posted about Bear Bryant and your tradition is in-excusable and I apologize for what has been said.

Lets have a great game on Saturday night and then lets root for each other to beat Auburn and UT.

I appreciate your sentiment, but you are the rarity.

I guess my point is, there are Alabama fans who are arrogant. There are Alabama fans who degrade opponents and coaches...but I have never seen Alabama fans stoop to the low class kind of attacks that the other team's fans seem to revel in - amd it is every week, no matter who the opponent.

After 20 years of message board posting (dating back to Usenet and Dixienet pre-www days), I am beginning to feel like our fans really are the best. No personal attacks on the Dooleys or Jordans...most attacks by Bama fans I have ever seen were retaliation, and pretty weak by comparison.

Again, thanks for your comment and here's to an injury free game (with us winning!)

I've been saying it for the past few years. But UGA fans (some of them) rival LSU fans with the ignorance and nastiness and childlike behavior. I know some AWESOME UGA fans as well.. but the nasty ones seem to stick out much more

Nate said:
I've been saying it for the past few years. But UGA fans (some of them) rival LSU fans with the ignorance and nastiness and childlike behavior. I know some AWESOME UGA fans as well.. but the nasty ones seem to stick out much more

I hope that for those of you who do go to Athens dont run in to many of the "nasty" fans.

ugamtnbiker said:
ORANGEADDICT said:

you didnt notice when i said there bad everywhere did you!!!anyways good luck sat hope bama pounds you like tn did last year!!

ORANGEADDICT said:
Im sorry I gotta say something here....There are alot of you on this site that have more class than anyone I have ever talked to. With that being said there are also a few people out there that are mean spirited and hateful , toward other ,teams ,fans,coaches ect. The problem is that the voice of a few negatives usually carries over the voice of the good......a few bad apples spoils the barrel in this case. There are bad Tenn fans,and bad GA fans(alot) and most all FL fans are bad, and there are some bad bama fans as well, No matter who ya play there are always gonna be some drunk A-holes that disrespect what you love most. All you can do is rise above it and not take it to heart. Enjoy the rivalrys, but enjoy them with the good fans and don't pay attention to the morons.
Well said! (che)

Back
Top Bottom