| HELP! Issues with backspace on Android

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
I am having an issue with backspace on android. When I try to backspace my keyboard will disappear and I have to touch back in the area I am editing to get it to display. It doesn't always do it but most of the time it does. Doesn't do it on other sites.

It wasn't here, but research shows a few people have been having issues similar to what you're describing. It was reported back in July...and, wasn't just exclusive to Android (iOS had issues as well.)

I'll try to make a little time this morning to get more into it...I've got a few ideas where it might stem from, but I'm not positive. I still can't replicate it on my phone or tablets.

It wasn't here, but research shows a few people have been having issues similar to what you're describing. It was reported back in July...and, wasn't just exclusive to Android (iOS had issues as well.)

I'll try to make a little time this morning to get more into it...I've got a few ideas where it might stem from, but I'm not positive. I still can't replicate it on my phone or tablets.
Sorry I turned off gboard but it still doing it

Yes sometimes it only does it when the cursor is at a space and I backspace that seems to start it happening. If I backspace on a word without a space it works fine.
I've got a ton of updates running through my phone right now (Google, Microsoft, Lenovo, et. al.) I'll get into it in more detail in a few hours...still sort of unwinding from work.

I'm not using any custom keyboard app either. I can backspace through a word. But as soon as I hit a space or special character with the backspace, the keybaord disappears.

I see this occuring on other sites as well. One of them is xenforo. Will pay attention to other things I'm using to see if it's happens elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom