| HOW TO Having trouble with my monitor coming on?

@TerryP @sk33tr this is the type I'm thinking about.
I've never owned one of those mini PCs but I've used one, before. For about 3 weeks I had a work-from-home job (long story) and they sent us all a mini PC. It was pretty neat for what it was, just not something I've ever used. The only mini computer I've ever really looked at is the Mac mini. The one they sent was a Dell Optiplex.

I dig the small profile as it makes it easy to deal with if you don't have much room. But for me, I like building things so I've always built my own computers.

I have an old HP laptop. Wiped windows when my daughter graduated 4+ yrs ago. Zippy quick with MX Linux. When I get around to getting another it will not be a laptop but will come without an OS on it. 32” monitor because they are cheap and my peepers need it

I have an old HP laptop. Wiped windows when my daughter graduated 4+ yrs ago. Zippy quick with MX Linux. When I get around to getting another it will not be a laptop but will come without an OS on it. 32” monitor because they are cheap and my peepers need it
Interesting.... Probably need a thread on Linux OS.. I use Mint Linux. @rickbama You can install linux OS on your old computer and if you do, make sure it has capabilities to support printer, wireless network, etc.. not all linux OS has that.

Well turn it off last night and it still taking a long time for the monitor to come on. So as you all told me I will be looking for a new one.
Thanks! For all the help. Now trying to fine a replacement.

Well turn it off last night and it still taking a long time for the monitor to come on. So as you all told me I will be looking for a new one.
Thanks! For all the help. Now trying to fine a replacement.
what kind of specs are you looking for in a computer? I can guide you through this. What's budget price and what's the purpose of the use of the computer

I'm a day late and a dollar short. I left the computer on last night ,this morning the monitor isn't working. I turn it off and back on this morning around 5:30. It still not on. It almost 4pm here.
@Justneedme81 I won't be gamering on it. Basically normal stuff email, RTB, bills, You Tube, but most of the you tube is on my TV I have McAfee.

If it's just surfing around the 'net, why not consider a Chromebook? I don't know, but I'd guess you can get a 14" laptop for around $200 or so.
@TerryP it came on around 10pm. Yes it look like that the way I will be going. I'm not into gaming, so right now I don't need a lot to do what I need it for.

@TerryP it came on around 10pm. Yes it look like that the way I will be going. I'm not into gaming, so right now I don't need a lot to do what I need it for.
I have a nice IdeaPad from Lenova. It's a $400 dollar laptop. BUT, I don't take it anywhere. They make a Chromebook that's around $300. But, no need for that unless you need the machine.

Samsung makes a Chromebook that's around $175 or so. It sounds like that's right up your alley.

Okay. That's not bad. I would add more RAM memory down the road. THe one I had in mind for you was HP Envy laptops. give you everything you need.
Nice machines...a price point difference. By a lot. I've have to check but I'm pretty sure that's what one of my clients bought a few weeks ago. 15", touch screen deal...and I think it was $800. He bought it during the no tax weekend.

Nice machines...a price point difference. By a lot. I've have to check but I'm pretty sure that's what one of my clients bought a few weeks ago. 15", touch screen deal...and I think it was $800. He bought it during the no tax weekend.
I've always told clients that if you get the lower end of their lineup and then wait 1 or 2 months, and do the upgrade of hard drive, RAM memory, it makes a huge difference as long they get i-5 processor or higher.

Back
Top Bottom