| HOW TO Having trouble with my monitor coming on?

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Sometime it take awhile like today. I have been trying since this morning around 4 am. Still not on. Sometimes it is less. I have done everything that I know to do.

I'm thinking it the monitor cable,but maybe it something else.

Sometime it take awhile like today. I have been trying since this morning around 4 am. Still not on. Sometimes it is less. I have done everything that I know to do.

I'm thinking it the monitor cable,but maybe it something else.
Are you saying your computer is having a hard time "waking up?"

Don't put it to sleep. Either leave it on or turn it off.

Also, if it's not coming back on from being asleep, it's not a cable. But just in case, unplug the monitor cable then plug it back in and make sure it seats correctly.

Don't put it to sleep. Either leave it on or turn it off.

Also, if it's not coming back on from being asleep, it's not a cable. But just in case, unplug the monitor cable then plug it back in and make sure it seats correctly.
I will leave it on tonight. I will do the unplugging in the morning. I will try anything to get this thing up and going in the morning time. I started at 4:30 this morning it didn't come on till 5: 15 pm.

Also, check your monitor power settings.

Go to: Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options, then click where it says "Choose when to turn off the display". Change both of those options to "Never". Click Save changes.

Go back one page (hit the back button, top left), then click "Choose when the computer sleeps". Again, change both to "Never" and click Save changes.

Close out of those windows. You should be good.

I have screensaver on mine set to start after 10 minutes of no activity. I also have my background set to change every 10 minutes (which can sort of act like a screensaver).

@TerryP What @sk33tr told me to do has worked. I do need a new one anyway. I have a Mac Book, but I'm not an Apple kind of guy here. I only got it because, my GD needed money. I'm letting her brother use it.
Good to know it's working better. But like Terry said, go ahead and get a new one, anyway. Also, if this is a computer you're on a good bit of time, I'd go with an ultrawide. I switched from dual 24"s to a single 32" ultrawide and couldn't be happier (well, I'd be a little happier if it was the 49" ultrawide, but that thing is more than I'm willing to spend on a monitor).

Anyway...on the ultrawide, I can open 2 windows, side by side (just like I have, now), and have plenty of real estate on each. And I don't have a bezel in the middle, either. Plus, I do a tiny bit of gaming on it (just some D2 Resurrected) and it sure makes it better with the extra screen size.

Good to know it's working better. But like Terry said, go ahead and get a new one, anyway. Also, if this is a computer you're on a good bit of time, I'd go with an ultrawide. I switched from dual 24"s to a single 32" ultrawide and couldn't be happier (well, I'd be a little happier if it was the 49" ultrawide, but that thing is more than I'm willing to spend on a monitor).

Anyway...on the ultrawide, I can open 2 windows, side by side (just like I have, now), and have plenty of real estate on each. And I don't have a bezel in the middle, either. Plus, I do a tiny bit of gaming on it (just some D2 Resurrected) and it sure makes it better with the extra screen size.
Maybe I can tell my wife it for her! It's her birthday tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom