| GOLF I'm not a 'fan' of Bryson DeChambeau, but the continuous 'nods' to Payne Stewart this week have been a little mind changing.

Man, he has grown on me too. I did not like hus comments about Augusta years back, but he's an alright dude.

Really got me on board when he stopped and signed the hat of the handicapped kid and shook his hand twice in between holes. Most top athletes would never do that during an event because they can't lose "focus", but he excels at that and it has me being a fan.

I don’t follow it even remotely as close as most of y’all do, but I’ve always kinda liked him. Really started to pay more attention and like him more at the Ryder Cup, back when he and Keopka went into it feuding and Bryson kinda put that aside for the week. I guess they both did from what I saw and remember. He’s always been different, and I get he’s rubbed folks the wrong way at times, but he’s just never really bothered me.

A clip a ran across a bit ago…

I don’t follow it even remotely as close as most of y’all do, but I’ve always kinda liked him.
It's his swing that bothers me and I'm a fan of Furyk's swing. The way he putts? I can't stand to watch.

It's not the best analogy, but I'm going down swinging. It's about like watch Rivers throw the football. He gets results, but his mechanics were awful.

It's his swing that bothers me and I'm a fan of Furyk's swing. The way he putts? I can't stand to watch.

It's not the best analogy, but I'm going down swinging. It's about like watch Rivers throw the football. He gets results, but his mechanics were awful.
I think he may be an AI. The stiff armed robotic type putting motion gives it away. :p

Man, he has grown on me too. I did not like hus comments about Augusta years back, but he's an alright dude.

Really got me on board when he stopped and signed the hat of the handicapped kid and shook his hand twice in between holes. Most top athletes would never do that during an event because they can't lose "focus", but he excels at that and it has me being a fan.
It's funny you mention Augusta because he caught my attention there. I don't know if you've seen the clip...he's tossing one of his balls to a kid and an adult grabs it...Bryson starts yelling at the guy and he gave the ball back to the kid.

You could see he was upset with the old dude. But, at that moment, he became more relatable. I've never thrown a golf club in my life...but in that situation, I can see myself throwing a putter at the old dude like we were in one of those 'axe throwing' booths at a club.

I have a bottle of "Skin So Soft" in my bag. I have another in my tackle box. It's the one that that ALWAYS works to keep the 'no-see-ums' off in this area. And in the spring? Damn...those things will tear you up like the members of The View would tear up Taco Bell.
I hear ya. We don't have those pesky 6 or 7 anymore, we have Squadrons.

I hear ya. We don't have those pesky 6 or 7 anymore, we have Squadrons.
Swarms. Clouds.

I was playing a course several years ago where there was such a thick swarm on the tee box I decided I'd walk away and wait for the wind, or something, to clear them out. There was a small pond behind the tee box where I also saw eight or nine baby alligators. I went to the next hole.

Back
Top Bottom