| FOOD I'm in the mood for a food thread. If it's boring? I don't want to hear about it. A twist on something? Yeah.

Here is my point on any kind of soup! I can have it anytime of the year! It doesn't have to be the Fall or Winter!
Nothing wrong with that. It's just not my thing. I don't eat hot dogs often. When I do it is with chili or Cole slaw. I don't do chili in the summer. I love the hot weather but don't want hot dishes like soups, etc. when it's hot outside.

Your question about chicken hit a spot this morning...I don't do dumplings in the summer. That's a fall/winter dish...but it's about that time.

Chicken tortilla soup
That's a good one.

When I was living in Memphis I had a 'relationship' with the lady that owned "Molly's." I'll link it below. They had a black bean soup, topped with Pico de Gallo, that was incredibly good! A few hot tortillas...yeah.

Either way, gotta get some cilantro.

Nothing wrong with that. It's just not my thing. I don't eat hot dogs often. When I do it is with chili or Cole slaw. I don't do chili in the summer. I love the hot weather but don't want hot dishes like soups, etc. when it's hot outside.

Your question about chicken hit a spot this morning...I don't do dumplings in the summer. That's a fall/winter dish...but it's about that time.
My wife tells me I'm crazy because I have the same opinion. She's like Rick, eat soup anytime. Told her if it's above 65 outside just let me know that's what she's cooking and I'll find something else. Chicken pot pie also falls into that category for me, probably casseroles as a whole.

That's a good one.

When I was living in Memphis I had a 'relationship' with the lady that owned "Molly's." I'll link it below. They had a black bean soup, topped with Pico de Gallo, that was incredibly good! A few hot tortillas...yeah.

Either way, gotta get some cilantro.

Ever tried Feijoada? Great Brazilian stew with black beans.

Chicken pot pie also falls into that category for me, probably casseroles as a whole.
Marie Callender's is the best you can buy that are pre-made...and I don't consider them to be that good. I'm making that at home...but, again, not on the summer. I have, but not often, used a pie crust I made...that, in the oven, in Corning Ware.

I'm with you on the casseroles. When Rick mentioned chicken I started thinking about a chicken, broccoli, cheese one...not quite there yet.

Marie Callender's is the best you can buy that are pre-made...and I don't consider them to be that good. I'm making that at home...but, again, not on the summer. I have, but not often, used a pie crust I made...that, in the oven, in Corning Ware.

I'm with you on the casseroles. When Rick mentioned chicken I started thinking about a chicken, broccoli, cheese one...not quite there yet.
Yeah it's homemade only for me. One of my favorite dishes my wife cooks.

April will not even think about getting one of those. She had one it was chicken and it make her very sick. Food poison isn't something to laughs at.

Back
Top Bottom