I just inherited a new grill...

jdpas29

Verified Member
this one belonged to my friend who had left it in the backyard of his ex-wife for a few years. There was a good bit of rust on the bottom of the grill and it needed a good clean-up and paint job.

I attached a pic after the paint and cleanup. The grill is a custom job made by his dad who is a welder and steel worker in Marbury. Pretty awesome grill. The steel is thick and there is a ton of cookspace. The wheels are beefy and this thing is great for slow cooking due to the size and the distance from coal to grate.

I will have to make some adaptations for stuff like steak though. the coals are just too far away to get the heat right.

I'm also in the process of reforming my old grill's platform into a mobile cooktop. i will post a pic later.

IMG_20140116_084406.jpg

We used to have a grill that looked like that at my old HS and it cooked up some awesome ribeye steaks for pre-game meals. If my old barrel smoker had been that durable, I'd still be using it for sure. Thing only lasted about 3 years though before it started deteriorating. It wasn't worth ordering the replacement parts since I only paid like 120 bucks for it to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom