| FTBL Nakobe Dean play against UAB in 2021/ A big reason I want Schumann.

✂️ Nakobe Dean/Sideline to sideline play.
UAB is in 11 personnel. Dean is on the strong side of the field due to UAB having their TE(or fullback, not quite sure) lined up in the backfield. Already an indicator to Dean that they're going to possibly run a play to that side of the field. He reads his keys and sees the OL are run blocking, Dean fills the A gap, then reads the RB bouncing it out to the outside of the tackle. He does a great job at playing it inside out the whole play, takes away a cutback lane, and forces forces the RB to the sideline. Takes a great angle, showcases his sideline to sideline speed, closes the space on the ball carrier, and makes a great tackle. A disciplined (sign of great coaching) and natural ability all in one play. This isn't the only instance of Dean, or anyone else that Schumann has coached making these kinds of plays. He's a fantastic ILB's coach, and has proven be can be a playcaller after this past season. I really really really hope we close the deal on him, $2-2.5 mill is more than worth it for this kind of production. I can only hope Saban feels the same.

Back
Top Bottom