| FTBL I don't know about yall but......

ghice

Verified Member
..... I have this inching feeling that Bama will make a statement to the rest of the country in the Georgia Dome. I think that from the opening kickoff to the end of the game we're going to hard hitting and physical. Something we haven't seen in a LONG time.

That or it's just pre-season optimism, but I didn't feel like this last year :D

I've been getting the same creepy feeling for about a month now. Don't know what it is, because I am not a normally irrational BAMA fan, but something seems different now. I know we are not as talented as some of the teams we'll play this year, but I've got that funny feelin'.

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
I've been getting the same creepy feeling for about a month now. Don't know what it is, because I am not a normally irrational BAMA fan, but something seems different now. I know we are not as talented as some of the teams we'll play this year, but I've got that funny feelin'.

It's gas. :lol: Just kidding I hope your feeling pans out.

i know that yall know this, but every three years we have a really good year. last night i was looking at our record since 1996 and we are either feast or famine. do any of yall believe in the 3 year cycle thing? again, yall all know this, but every three years the cycle goes: 10-win season, losing season, then an average rebound-type season (since '96).

1996 10-3
1997 4-7
1998 7-5
1999 10-3
2000 3-8
2001 7-5
2002 10-3
2003 4-9
2004 6-6
2005 10-2
2006 6-7
2007 7-6
2008 what do ya think?

so do yall think that its just a coincidence or what? lets just get rid of the other 2 years of the 3 year cycle.

bamafan said:
i know that yall know this, but every three years we have a really good year. last night i was looking at our record since 1996 and we are either feast or famine. do any of yall believe in the 3 year cycle thing? again, yall all know this, but every three years the cycle goes: 10-win season, losing season, then an average rebound-type season (since '96).

1996 10-3
1997 4-7
1998 7-5
1999 10-3
2000 3-8
2001 7-5
2002 10-3
2003 4-9
2004 6-6
2005 10-2
2006 6-7
2007 7-6
2008 what do ya think?

so do yall think that its just a coincidence or what? lets just get rid of the other 2 years of the 3 year cycle.

Nice find, but I'm ready to turn the whole ship around and do it every year baby!

I did feel that way last year. For the Vandy game. But we weren't ready to make a positive statement last year. Maybe this year is the year. "*barner with a lake" (ClemPson) would be a good place to start.

Bama was in every game they played last year. It will be just a matter of time when we start winning those types of games. An influx of talent like we had this year will definitely help.

Bones82 said:
Bama was in every game they played last year. It will be just a matter of time when we start winning those types of games. An influx of talent like we had this year will definitely help.

This is a key that I think allot of people are forgetting. We did not have THAT bad a year last year in the big games, even the ones we lost. Yes ULM and MSU were terrible but we were in EVERY game.

This team can win some games.

The biggest thing that I have seen Saban bring to us is desire. Yes, he is certainly bringing in the talent, but before Saban came, these players were occustomed to losing close games and certainly big games. You can see the change in the atmosphere now, I think the players believe in themselves much more know and that alone will win us some of the close games.

To me it will fall of the Defense. I anticipate the Offense will put enough points up on the board to win the game. The questions is how much has our Defense improved.

Pressure on the QB will greatly improve our chances to make Clemson more one dimensional. We can beat a on dimensional Clemson team. M2C

After going down to Jacksonville for FSU with all the hype and excitement of that game I just keep hoping it won't be anything like that. I'm still amazed that most of the guys didn't bother to show up for that one. :roll:

I really was not surprised by last season. None of it.

Call it a gut feeling just didn't see us rocking too many worlds last year.

Back
Top Bottom