| FTBL How loud will Jimbo squeal over Saban’s latest NIL comments?

If anyone with A&M offered an NIL to a player prior to them signing then they violated Texas state law. If they facilitated someone doing by either putting a kid in contact or allowing it to happen under their noses they conspired to violated Texas law.
If I hold up a sign that says, “Our players average $X in NIL agreements,” that’s not an offer. It’s simply stating a fact.

The kid can make the connection that:

1. If he signs, he will get an NIL deal
2. The amount of the NIL deal will be in the $X range

Nothing is/was promised or offered.

If I hold up a sign that says, “Our players average $X in NIL agreements,” that’s not an offer. It’s simply stating a fact.

So you saying T A$M did nothing wrong?

I agree that CNS says this for a reason. IMO he just fired a warning shot to Jimbo, Prime, and others. Remember when he first got to Alabama? He had big old 300 lb. O lineman that could pancake defenses and he had big old D lineman that could stop the run. Remember him complaining about the no huddle…hurry up O’s? What did he do? He adapted. He got big old 300lb. O lineman that could pancake D’s plus they got fast. He had big old D lineman that could not only stop the run but got fast. Remember him complaining about the transfer portal? Look he adapted. He used it to his advantage. Now back to the warning shot and IMO. He’s just letting Jimbo, Prime, and others know that he can and will adapt. CNS will use the NIL to Alabama’s advantage and benefit.
I hope that’s true … but I think it’s different this time. Saban or more importantly Bama doesn’t have billionaire boosters like Texas, A$M, USC, Oregon and several other schools have … or at least none I know about. So, I really think Saban sees a problem looming for his program and for many, many others as well. The state of Alabama has the best high school recruiting class coming up in sometime. Yet, some recruiting “experts” are predicting Bama might only lock up 3 of the top 8 because of NIL. Saban knows Bama boosters can’t go dollar for dollar against the A$M’s and Texas’s of college football (both of which will be in his division) and he knows and has proven players win championships. So, I don’t think this is like the other issues he complained about then exploited. I think he really meant for his speech to wake up coaches at other programs, legislators around the nation, university Presidents that aren’t in Texas or on the West Coast and the fans who don’t yet see the dangers of NIL. Is that self serving on his part? You bet … but he’s paid to follow the rules and always keep Bama in the championship hunt. The NIL has very few enforceable rules … and more loopholes than a 50 year old fish net. Left as it is, the college football we knew and loved will not be recognizable in a few short years.

I hope that’s true … but I think it’s different this time. Saban or more importantly Bama doesn’t have billionaire boosters like Texas, A$M, USC, Oregon and several other schools have … or at least none I know about. So, I really think Saban sees a problem looming for his program and for many, many others as well. The state of Alabama has the best high school recruiting class coming up in sometime. Yet, some recruiting “experts” are predicting Bama might only lock up 3 of the top 8 because of NIL. Saban knows Bama boosters can’t go dollar for dollar against the A$M’s and Texas’s of college football (both of which will be in his division) and he knows and has proven players win championships. So, I don’t think this is like the other issues he complained about then exploited. I think he really meant for his speech to wake up coaches at other programs, legislators around the nation, university Presidents that aren’t in Texas or on the West Coast and the fans who don’t yet see the dangers of NIL. Is that self serving on his part? You bet … but he’s paid to follow the rules and always keep Bama in the championship hunt. The NIL has very few enforceable rules … and more loopholes than a 50 year old fish net. Left as it is, the college football we knew and loved will not be recognizable in a few short years.
It doesn't have multiple billionaire boosters. There is at least one, though.

It doesn't have multiple billionaire boosters. There is at least one, though.
True but I do not think we have as many. May be just a perception but probably not. Just pulling it out of my backside but they may have 10 billionaire boosters to our 1. Whatever the number is Tx schools have more so who wins in that race? I believe Saban sees this and is trying to wake up the booster base but that is for some short term damage control while the work gets done to put some guard rails around NIL for the long term. I believe this is indeed threatening CNS's core differentiator that has served him well which is recruiting. His sales pitch has always been come to bama and you will win championships and create value for your self for the NFL. All are more true at Bama than other places before NIL. That will not be the case if he cannot keep getting more of them at Bama due to NIL. It is a real threat in my opinion that he can't do anything about in the coaching rooms, on the field or on the recruiting trail. He couldn't ignore it...

The allegations are that A&M boosters banded together to pay them to play at A&M and the school knew about it. They were promising dollar amounts prior to signing, not saying you too could make x.

Alabama has plenty of wealthy boosters. Giving millions to athletics and academics. Think all of these facilities were built on hopes and dreams?

I wish coach hadn't said anything, or at least had been a little more vague about schools. Now. we'll hear dumbo whining about this for the season.especially at SEC days. I just hope we open a can off W.A. on them this season.

He'll whine because the press, whom Sankey can't sanction, won't let up on it. Hope they feed Kiffin some ways to get his big mouth in on this.

I wish coach hadn't said anything, or at least had been a little more vague about schools. Now. we'll hear dumbo whining about this for the season.especially at SEC days. I just hope we open a can off W.A. on them this season.
A&M can complain all they wish but I am glad Nick lite the flame. If Nick can't get instate players to commit without money then we have a big problem.

Oh and the last time A&M won the NC was 1939. F um.

Back
Top Bottom