| FTBL How loud will Jimbo squeal over Saban’s latest NIL comments?

That says it all. Clear
But. Again. Nick has a reason for saying what he says
Those weren't off the cuff remarks

Right. He knows A&M has talent, and I think he also knows Jimbo is on a warm seat ready for results in College Station. He knew he could poke the hornets nest there and get a reaction. He's gonna keep playing golf, cool off in the lake, and get ready for the season without losing an ounce of sleep. Heck, maybe Miss Terry doesn't like Jimbo's wife and told him to get rid of that relationship, ahahahahaha.

Just going to point out that NCAA rules do not have to be looked at here. Texas law as of last year is pretty clear on this.

No individual, corporate entity, or other organization may:

- enter into any arrangement with a prospective student athlete relating to the prospective student athlete’s name, image, or likeness prior to their enrollment in an institution of higher education; or

- use inducements of future name, image, and likeness compensation arrangement to recruit a prospective student athlete to any institution of higher education.

Texas NIL Law for NCAA - Spry

Nothing wrong with telling the truth. Deion playing the race card and bobo trying to make it an attack on “17” year olds.

That next AFLAC commercial might be pretty awkward.

One thing's for sure. After all this back and forth, you may as well plan on the tamu game being a 2:30 kickoff on CBS. I don't think there's any way CBS is giving up this game.

That next AFLAC commercial might be pretty awkward.

One thing's for sure. After all this back and forth, you may as well plan on the tamu game being a 2:30 kickoff on CBS. I don't think there's any way CBS is giving up this game.
Interesting thought...
A$M crossovers....USCe and Florida
Front loaded home schedule. Including Miami and Ark
The hitting road to msu, bama, USCe
Later @ AU

And finish at homewith lsu n Florida

3-2 coming into bama game?
Talk about pressure

This amuses me. Jimbo was under a show cause when he arrived at A&M.

“You can call me anything you want to call me, but you ain’t calling me a cheat. I don’t cheat and I don’t lie. I learned that when I was a kid if you did, the old man slapped you upside the head. Maybe somebody should’ve slapped him. … Now you’re fooling with our name.”

Now I have not taken the time to read all of the ends and outs of the name image likeness rule, but as I understand it even if Jackson state, Texas A&M, and any other school is paying players using name image likeness it’s legal.

I am not necessarily a big Jimbo fisher fan stemming back to his days at Florida State and the way the entire Winston scandal played out but if I am Jimbo I would just double down on the whole damn thing and say yes we paid them, it’s legal, and we are going to keep doing it. Most recruits are coming out of poor families, with poor neighborhoods, insert anything with the word poor, so clearly the money is going to bring them to the school.

Coach Saban would not have made the comment without some reason behind it, we just may never know what the reason is. All that being said, welcome to the new college football

Now I have not taken the time to read all of the ends and outs of the name image likeness rule, but as I understand it even if Jackson state, Texas A&M, and any other school is paying players using name image likeness it’s legal.

I am not necessarily a big Jimbo fisher fan stemming back to his days at Florida State and the way the entire Winston scandal played out but if I am Jimbo I would just double down on the whole damn thing and say yes we paid them, it’s legal, and we are going to keep doing it. Most recruits are coming out of poor families, with poor neighborhoods, insert anything with the word poor, so clearly the money is going to bring them to the school.

Coach Saban would not have made the comment without some reason behind it, we just may never know what the reason is. All that being said, welcome to the new college football
Nick is having a difficult time getting recruits (from one of the best years in this state) to commit without being paid. Nick is a great recruiter but money is what these 17 years old players and their family is looking for 1st! This is all about signing great players and he can't get it done anymore without going the NIL way. He told you so.

I agree that CNS says this for a reason. IMO he just fired a warning shot to Jimbo, Prime, and others. Remember when he first got to Alabama? He had big old 300 lb. O lineman that could pancake defenses and he had big old D lineman that could stop the run. Remember him complaining about the no huddle…hurry up O’s? What did he do? He adapted. He got big old 300lb. O lineman that could pancake D’s plus they got fast. He had big old D lineman that could not only stop the run but got fast. Remember him complaining about the transfer portal? Look he adapted. He used it to his advantage. Now back to the warning shot and IMO. He’s just letting Jimbo, Prime, and others know that he can and will adapt. CNS will use the NIL to Alabama’s advantage and benefit.

Back
Top Bottom