| MBB/WBB "How do you plan to rebuild for next season? I'm not going to be rebuilding." Fired. (I assume that's the last question?)

The firing isn’t the issue. It’s when she was given the news. There’s not a lot of time between the end of the game, player handshakes, coach’s words to players in the locker room and the press conference.
I try to empathize and can't wrap my mind around, "you are fired, go do your press conference." I want to believe I'd handle the situation the say way; she's thinking of the kids first and foremost, right?

The firing isn’t the issue. It’s when she was given the news. There’s not a lot of time between the end of the game, player handshakes, coach’s words to players in the locker room and the press conference.
My son’s Senior year in HS and they were 8-2 headed to the 1st round of the State Playoffs and the Tuesday before that Friday Night game, the superintendent informs the HC that regardless of how the playoffs end, first round loss or state title, his run at Sylacauga HS was over. We went to Alexandria and were “at least 3 TDs better” and proceeded to lose 10-7. The worst called game offensively from the HC that I had ever witnessed and I was on his first 2 staffs. The first one we went 2-8 and had to teach the offense during the summer because we got no Spring with them. The guy had gone to the playoffs 13 of 15 seasons, but had only gotten out of the 1st round once. That was their reasoning. Since that night, Sylacauga has witnessed Andrew Zow come and go (2 seasons) a state championship winning coach last 2 seasons after Zow and now Chris Smelley enters his 2nd season. Smelley won their last 2 games to end an 18 game losing streak!

Back
Top Bottom