| OT "House Divided" tips and advice?

OldPlayer bringing some tap the brakes logic into the thread. I was thinking the same thing but did not want to dampen Sgt's honeymoon phase enthusiasm. If it is the real deal they will see each others warts (we all have them) and still be good with it. Best of luck Sgt...
Personal view here:

You're saying this to a guy that went through a bad break with his ex.

Ever considered this alleged new squeeze has seen the same thing? Marriage isn't as attractive as those who are entrapped in it tend to believe.

Personal view here:

Ever considered this alleged new squeeze has seen the same thing? Marriage isn't as attractive as those who are entrapped in it tend to believe.

Entrapped? Marriage saved my ass, got me on the straight and narrow and I've gone further with my life and career than I ever expected. That of course comes with picking the right spouse, not some chick you knock up on Spring Break that looks good and is "perfect" when you're buzzed or a chick that has no morals, future plans, or integrity. Marriage ain't all rainbows and sunshine, but it's clear that it hasn't always been 100% roses with the women you mingle with either, so it's similar. You can walk away, sure, but I don't want to walk away is our difference.

Some of us would say you just haven't found a solid woman or one worth devoting your life to. Selfishness, maybe? No one should just settle though, so maybe you just need to find the right one. Also, marriage is a Christian act, so if you're not a Christian (not saying you aren't, just stating in general) I still have no understanding of why marriage even matters to those people.

Personal view here:

@BamaFan334

So many have so many different experiences.....
And somany reasons things work or dont,..,

Its great for those that it works for....
After 51 years....cant even imagine not having a best friend next to you every day..

Yes, entrapped!

:p :p

If a person feels entrapped in a marriage they really shouldn’t be married. I’ve been so blessed to be hitched with a woman who’s truly as beautiful to me today as she was when we met 40+ years ago. And I can’t imagine my life without her … for that I truly feel blessed. I also realize very few men or women for that matter get to marry their fantasy and so I’m so thankful God allowed me to do so!

Personal view here:

Not fully sure I follow all you mean here but my point was none of us are perfect and when it is the real deal those imperfections are accepted and both show each other grace. Marriage indeed is not for everyone or at least it was not for the marriages they found themselves in. A lot of give and take and hard work some fell it is worth it others do not. I think it is worth it and that is part of a covenant made when I said I do.

Personal view here:

Everything begins with the individual. If you're not content with who you are, an external factor (things, people) won't scratch that itch for you. The shiny wears off of everything, and everyone.

Back
Top Bottom