| FTBL Here's a quick officiating test I came across this afternoon. How much do you know?

alagator

Verified Member
Here's the link to the test itself.

I found that while surfing around Reddit this afternoon in a thread about officiating rules, etc. Here's his/the post.

2017 Offseason Officiating Part 1: Talking the talk • r/CFB

Some of you may remember the series I did last year where I went in depth on some of the rules of the game. For those who missed it, you can check out my 2016 Offseason Officiating Rules Clinic here. This offseason I'll be doing something similar, but not with rules. This year, I've got a 4ish part series about officiating mechanics and how we actually do our job to apply the rules. I say 4ish because part 1 kind of has two parts of its own. This thread as an intro and a quiz on officiating language, and then a followup explanation thread later this week. Part 2 will be about signals we use, part 3 will be about positioning and mechanics, and part 4 will be about philosophies we use.

So to get started, here's the quiz to see how refined your rules language is. Talk the Talk

I'll be back later this week to talk about the answers, some common lingo mistakes, and why words matter when we talk about rules.

Edit: I checked the wrong answer on the answer key for the question about the number of referees, but it's been fixed. I think there was only one person who had the right answer counted wrong. Also, the question about a 4th down play should have included the fact that it was a punt. That has been fixed as well. Sorry if that would have changed your answer.

Back
Top Bottom