| FTBL Heisman: There should be no doubt left on who...

TerryP

Staff
McFadden won that trophy today. He very well may have just secured the first round draft pick as well. But, then again, I don't follow the NFL so I have no idea who may have the first pick. Miami?

TerryP said:
McFadden won that trophy today. He very well may have just secured the first round draft pick as well. But, then again, I don't follow the NFL so I have no idea who may have the first pick. Miami?
If McFadden dont win the heisman after today we can say he got robbed. Im proud of them hogs, they did what they had to do.

TerryP said:

I hope you are right, but it seems like some folks are pushing Tebow awfully hard.

I know "Timmy," as Danielson calls him, seems to get an unreal amount of praise and adoration from CBS.

If he has another one of those 5 to 7 touchdown games against FSU like he has been cranking out lately, McFadden might not win it after all.

I'm pulling for McFadden, though.

bear facts said:
TerryP said:

I hope you are right, but it seems like some folks are pushing Tebow awfully hard.

I know "Timmy," as Danielson calls him, seems to get an unreal amount of praise and adoration from CBS.

If he has another one of those 5 to 7 touchdown games against FSU like he has been cranking out lately, McFadden might not win it after all.

Not that I think anything of the Heisman, but if it did go to Tebow I suspect you'll see a lot of the nation shocked. I can't see it happening considering all the RB's in the voting group.

If they look at it logically, they'll see Tebow has had a great season; one.

McFadden. 1000+ rushing his freshman year. 1000+ his sophomore year and Felix Jones did as well. Junior year is a repeat of last year.

It's one thing doing well one season. Quite another doing it 3 years in a row and the last two sharing the running duties.

How many yards did he get tonight? Anyone know off the top of their head?

first off, the LSU/Arky game is one of the best games ive ever personally witnessed live as it happened. just a great game.

now onto Run DMC. honestly, with Dixon out, i dont think there is anyone that is better than McFadden in the NCAA right now. not Tebow, nobody. do i think McFadden will win it? no i dont. just how it is. does he deserve it? hell yes he does. yea Miami will no doubt have the 1st pick and i doubt they'll be drafting another RB with Ronnie Brown still there. i would imagine they will go for someone else or trade down.

TerryP said:
bear facts said:
TerryP said:

Not that I think anything of the Heisman, but if it did go to Tebow I suspect you'll see a lot of the nation shocked. I can't see it happening considering all the RB's in the voting group.

If they look at it logically, they'll see Tebow has had a great season; one.

McFadden. 1000+ rushing his freshman year. 1000+ his sophomore year and Felix Jones did as well. Junior year is a repeat of last year.

It's one thing doing well one season. Quite another doing it 3 years in a row and the last two sharing the running duties.

How many yards did he get tonight? Anyone know off the top of their head?

All I know is that Tebow is the first player in college football to rush for 20 TDs and throw for over 20 TDs. Ever since his 7 TD performance many sports talking heads have been pushing him for the Heisman

Haven't check the other sport sites, but like I said, Tebow is getting the man-love at CBS. Among this group, McFadden is 4th on the list.

http://sportsline.com/collegefootball/heisman

I can also see the East voting going Tebow's way instead of McFadden's should TT have a big game against FSU.

Far West: AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, ND, NV, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY
Mid Atlantic: DC, DE, MD, NC, NJ, PA, SC, VA, WV
Mid West: IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI
North East: CT, MA, ME, NH, NYC, NY, RI, VT
South: AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, TN
Southwest: AR, CO, KS, MO, NE, NM, OK, TX

Each Section within the United States has 145 media votes, totaling 870 media votes across the country. Additionally every former Heisman winner, 52 presently, has a vote as well. In 1999, The Heisman Trophy agreed to develop a special program to allow the public at large to become part of the balloting process by permitting one (1) fan vote eligible in the overall tabulation. This program continues in 2005, bringing the total number of voters for the 2005 Heisman race to 923.

TerryP said:

Each Section within the United States has 145 media votes, totaling 870 media votes across the country. Additionally every former Heisman winner, 52 presently, has a vote as well. In 1999, The Heisman Trophy agreed to develop a special program to allow the public at large to become part of the balloting process by permitting one (1) fan vote eligible in the overall tabulation. This program continues in 2005, bringing the total number of voters for the 2005 Heisman race to 923.

When I said "East" I was basically lumping the media, not so much by geographic location, but by conferences. I should have clarified myself better. I don't see McFadden getting support from the media covering the Big East, ACC, or Big 10 conferences. Come to think of it, I don't see PAC 12 media giving him much love either, especially the way USC had routed Arkansas on two occasions with McFadden playing.

I can see the Big 12 media and other Midwest voters jumping on the bandwagon for either Mizzou's or Kansas' QBs after Saturday.

I just don't see McFadden drumming up enough national support to make a difference.

TerryP said:

I second, third, and fourth that. McFadden is the Heisman trophy winner.

bear facts said:

I'm thinking that Gary Danielson would like to have Tim Tebow's babies...

Sheesh, he can turn any statement around and make it about Tim Tebow.

Vern: Wow, that was a wonderful Ice Cream Sundae, Gary!

Gary: Let me tell you what, Vern... If you want a good Sundae, you need to talk to Tim Tebow! That young man makes the best ever!

Vern: ????

imalive1459 said:
bear facts said:

I'm thinking that Gary Danielson would like to have Tim Tebow's babies...

Sheesh, he can turn any statement around and make it about Tim Tebow.

Vern: Wow, that was a wonderful Ice Cream Sundae, Gary!

Gary: Let me tell you what, Vern... If you want a good Sundae, you need to talk to Tim Tebow! That young man makes the best ever!

Vern: ????

Ain't that the living truth? He was actually calling Tebow, "Timmy," today. :roll:

Btw, wasn't that some poor broadcasting today. What was that Vern Dumbquist said about one of the team's averaging 100 games a game? Did anyone else catch that? :roll:

How much longer is the SEC locked in with CBS?

McFadden should win the Heisman. I didn't have a doubt in my mind that he is the best college football player BEFORE this game.

As for his spot in the draft, Miami is the worst team in the NFL. They have money tied up in Ricky Williams AND Ronnie Brown. I think McFadden is better than both. It will be interesting to see how it plays out if they keep the top pick.

BigAl said:
TerryP said:
If McFadden dont win the heisman after today we can say he got robbed. Im proud of them hogs, they did what they had to do.

You might as well get ready for a robbery then. I'm certain Tebow will get it. You know he played Superman... :roll:

This is really sad, McFadden should win it hands down!

If you want to talk previous years performances coupled with this years, what about Brennan? This guy has missed a little PT this year due to an injury but look at his performance the last 2 years. Only 3 losses in 2 years (including one in Tuscaloosa). The guys numbers are mind boggling. Not that I think he will get much attention due to his conference. And who cares that his offense is a "gimmick". So what, they still have to pass and catch. Its not like they play with a 12th man or some advantage.

TerryP said:

He'd be #1 on my list! What a player! I wonder if this win has saved Nutts job?

Rolltide24 said:
If you want to talk previous years performances coupled with this years, what about Brennan? This guy has missed a little PT this year due to an injury but look at his performance the last 2 years. Only 3 losses in 2 years (including one in Tuscaloosa). The guys numbers are mind boggling. Not that I think he will get much attention due to his conference. And who cares that his offense is a "gimmick". So what, they still have to pass and catch. Its not like they play with a 12th man or some advantage.

quality of opponent, man.

bear facts said:
TerryP said:

When I said "East" I was basically lumping the media, not so much by geographic location, but by conferences. I should have clarified myself better. I don't see McFadden getting support from the media covering the Big East, ACC, or Big 10 conferences. Come to think of it, I don't see PAC 12 media giving him much love either, especially the way USC had routed Arkansas on two occasions with McFadden playing.

I can see the Big 12 media and other Midwest voters jumping on the bandwagon for either Mizzou's or Kansas' QBs after Saturday.

I just don't see McFadden drumming up enough national support to make a difference.

Oh, I'm aware of what you were saying. It just started me thinking about the voters and I had forgotten how it was divided out. I found that on a Heisman site and was just passing it along.

Funny side note (at least to me): I've referred to the Heisman as the Hypeman award a lot in the past. Like I said earlier, I really don't pay much attn. to the award, don't watch the ceremony, and wouldn't be upset if it didn't even exist. THEN, I type word Heisman and Mozilla tells me the word doesn't exist/misspelled.

Rolltide24 said:

Like Birdman said, it's about who they've played. When they step into BCS conference games they very seldom win.

Back
Top Bottom