| FTBL Good write up on Ty Simpson and his recruitment to Bama- first family visit.

The first impressions were everything Ty's mother had hoped, and it even exceeded her expectations. The comfort level she has with sending her son to the University of Alabama next year is at an all-time high.

"Everything was just amazing," she said. "There are no other words to describe it other than it's just a well-oiled machine. The standard there has been set. They all want to live up to that standard. Everyone wants the best for the players. It was very evident.

"I hate to say it, but sometimes it's just a recruiting pitch, but Alabama is extremely genuine. It's really important to them to get the players graduated and also make sure they leave as a good human being. It's evident from the entire coaching staff. It's not all about football which really makes me feel good.

"The campus is beautiful. The facilities are immaculate. Anything you can think of that a player might need they have it there. It's very reassuring as a parent. I sometimes look at it from a coach's wife's perspective. I probably look at it more from a coach's wife's perspective. It left me with no worries for anything he will ever need."

Football is a major part of the Simpson's life, but academics play a critical role. Julie, who has also worked as an educator, knows the importance of earning a degree. She probably did not expect to have a pop quiz during her visit with Ty to Alabama earlier this week. She was happy to answer questions which will help her son when he enrolls in Tuscaloosa.

"The academic part is very important to me," Julie said. "It is at the top of my list. I have complete peace of mind after going through everything on Tuesday. They wanted to address every aspect of Ty on the academic side.

"How well does he study? What are his stress points? They explained different ways they can help him. They grilled me as much as they did him. They know as a parent you know him more than anyone. What pushes him over the edge? What encourages him? That really pleases a momma's heart."

(More at the jump.)

Back
Top Bottom