| FTBL Game Balls and Penalty Flags: Who do you give yours to?

TerryP

Staff
I thought this might be a fun little thread to watch the next few days as we move closer and closer to really looking at Georgia.

Since we are still in the 24-hour rule window, let's look back at the past weekend and hand out a few awards, shall we?

Who, based on their outstanding performance this weekend, would you give a game ball?

Who, based on their play, attitude, call, whatever...do you think deserves a penalty flag?

Here's mine:

Game Ball:
This goes to Jevon Ringer of Michigan State. While he didn't have the best performance of the weekend for a Running back I'm giving this one to him because of his attitude.

We see players talk about giving credit where it is due but it was a refreshing change to see Devon bring his entire offensive line with him to the press conference and continually point to them as the reason for his success against Notre Dame.

Penalty Flag: Tennessee football team. Fulmer was quoted as saying his team "lacked fire, motivation and leadership" and the only place you could find those attributes were in his coaching staff.

That, I have to question. While it is true that his team does lack those characteristics, to say the only place you can find them is in his staff is placing the blame at the wrong persons feet. Those characteristics can be inborn, but often are taught in the off-season. By, if I may add, the coaching staff.

Honorable mention:

After seeing GT put 35 on MSU, those announcers who said "defensive battle" when talking about Auburn's offensive woes against the Bulldogs.

Casey Dick and his tackling. :lol:

PENALTY FLAG: To Auburn fans behind the GAMEDAY gang. Shameful, the lack of focus, not just on the defending National Champion who is on campus, but on any team that they will actually play in the next month. --Does anyone else smell fear?--

GAME BALL: To Florida Atlantic International football team for showing class and perspective when they took a knee with South Florida's team on the field in support of the USF Linebacker who was down with potential spinal injury. --the LB will be alright--

LBS,
that would be Florida INTERNATIONAL University (FIU). And that story goes without mentioning, they opened their new stadium hanging with a nationally ranked team, which is something FIU has never experienced.

PENALTY FLAGTo Auburn fans behind the GAMEDAY gang. Shameful, the lack of focus, not just on the defending National Champion who is on campus, but on any team that they will actually play in the next month. --Does anyone else smell fear?-

How sad is to be playing LSU in your SEC home opener, as a top ten match up, and still see Bama hating signs in the crowd....

How sad.

LBS said:

GAME BALL: To Florida Atlantic International football team for showing class and perspective when they took a knee with South Florida's team on the field in support of the USF Linebacker who was down with potential spinal injury. --the LB will be alright--

Nice!

GAME BALL: Vanderbilt. They are off to a 4-0 start. Showing that even the door mats of the SEC are still a threat.

PENALTY FLAG: Rutgers QB Mike Teel, for slapping one of his receivers during Rutgers' loss to Navy. What was he thinking?!

Back
Top Bottom