| FTBL Folks, I was looking at the RollTideBama.com pic . . .

LOGO

• Total voters
I just think it is stupid. Shula does not deserve to be put in the same class as Bear and Stallings. Why the hell would he even be used in a head....he is gone.

AlaphaMale said:
BamaOwnzU said:
bear facts said:
BamaOwnzU said:
bear facts said:
at the top of the message board, and I don't know what the "owners" are gonna do, but I sure hope they decide to keep Mike Shula's image right where it is.

He may have struggled this season, but he has also brought this team/program out of its darkest hour. And the BamaNation should be indebted to him for taking on that challenge under such difficult circumstances. Keep Mike up!

I also see a vacant spot beside MS's left shoulder. Can't wait to see who is gonna be placed right there beside him.

Please let Christmas come early.

RTR!

Why?? He is not our coach anymore...move on. That is just weird.

Hey bubba, think about "weird" when you are watching Andre Smith, Prince Hall and some of Shula's other recruits dominate play next season.

Btw, your username is spelled weirdly. :wink:

OK. Shula had one decent season and recruited average. Let's leave him at the top instead of posting our new coach. That is a wonderful idea. If we did not have Shula in place this year we probably would have one 7-9 games this year rather than 6......bubba.

Seriously, tread very carefully here or you are going to look really really stupid. Or at the very least unable to comprehend what you read.

Dude....chill. You don't have to defend your buddy I am sure he is a big boy. I mean he is 101 years old.

I think he should go. I think that apart from the rival fans that post here, you would be hard pressed to find anyone here who didn’t love Stallings and Bryant. The Bama fans here were split on Shula. Some on here have disliked him quite a while and I have personally disliked him for four years. What’s next, Bill Clinton or GW Bush on Mount Rushmore? Some hate them, others love them, so they should join Lincoln and Washington because some people thought they were great?

Mike Shula was/is a good guy. He helped us through a hard time, he just wasn't that great of a coach. He represented Alabama well with class and dignity. Personally, I don't care one way or the other whether his picture stays up there or not.

RollTideRandy said:
I think he should go. I think that apart from the rival fans that post here, you would be hard pressed to find anyone here who didn’t love Stallings and Bryant. The Bama fans here were split on Shula. Some on here have disliked him quite a while and I have personally disliked him for four years. What’s next, Bill Clinton or GW Bush on Mount Rushmore? Some hate them, others love them, so they should join Lincoln and Washington because some people thought they were great?

Good point.

Bama Bo said:
Mike Shula was/is a good guy. He helped us through a hard time, he just wasn't that great of a coach. He represented Alabama well with class and dignity. Personally, I don't care one way or the other whether his picture stays up there or not.

Exactly, Bo. And, he offered us stability in the midst of turmoil. Keep the pic or get rid of it, whatever, but never underestimate the contribution Mike Shula gave the Alabama program during its darkest hour.

ColoradoTide said:
I don't have any issue with leaving Shula's image in the header - BUT, for consistency I would prefer to see it changed from color to b&w like Bear and Stallings. Then when the new coach is installed, his image can be in color.

Great idea, CT!

bear facts said:
ColoradoTide said:
I don't have any issue with leaving Shula's image in the header - BUT, for consistency I would prefer to see it changed from color to b&w like Bear and Stallings. Then when the new coach is installed, his image can be in color.

Great idea, CT!
:roll:

RollTideRandy said:

Dang Randy, I bet you were on the high school debate team. Good points, but I did not say anything about Shula being great. Just thought it would be nice to keep his pic up mainly because guidance during a very trying time at Bama. Despite his record, he did carry himself with class, dignity, and professionalism and he brought in some excellent recruits when it would be real easy for a young man to say no to a program reeling from sanctions.

People, just don't realize how important last year's 10-2 campaign was in terms of rebuilding this program. They will though these next couple of years as some young players mature.

This has nothing to do about thinking MS was great, but merely a show of respect for the contribution he made when maybe only one other person was willing to become HC.

Not to be logical or anything, but can an Admin add a poll to this or repost it as a formal poll (sticky) with a title that clearly states the intent?

"Keep Shula's pic on the RollTideBama.com's header poll"

HeflinLady said:
Not to be logical or anything, but can an Admin add a poll to this or repost it as a formal poll (sticky) with a title that clearly states the intent?

Good idea. As far as Shula's contributions I am thankful for them as limited as they may have been but why would you put him beside Stallings and Bear. Is that fair to them?

BamaOwnzU said:
HeflinLady said:

Good idea. As far as Shula's contributions I am thankful for them as limited as they may have been but why would you put him beside Stallings and Bear. Is that fair to them?

Considering that I just heard CGS on Cold Pizza say that he was surprised that CMS was fired and thought that he shoudl've been retained, I don't think that he would mind too much.

corby said:
Can we get Dumbose's picture back up there?? I think we should put Price back up, at least he went out with a "bang." :D

With all do respect, Mike Shula did helped our school MORE then them two.

Be it not that much, but he still did more then them, IMO.

Tider 27 said:
corby said:
Can we get Dumbose's picture back up there?? I think we should put Price back up, at least he went out with a "bang." :D

With all do respect, Mike Shula did helped our school MORE then them two.

Be it not that much, but he still did more then them, IMO.

Oh, I know, that was poorly worded. I did vote to keep Shula's pic up, just making a joke.

Back
Top Bottom