| FTBL Fastest Alabama Player Ever?

G

Does anyone know which player has had the fastest 40 yard dash time at the University of Alabama.

I would like to get a top ten list going of the fastest guys, no matter which time period they were here.

Millons...one or two L's I forget......think one Milons.....anyway, he was burner. I have no idea who would have been the fastest.

Not sure about fastest 40-times, but Pierre Goode had to have produced some of the fastest 100-meter times for a real football player. Young man had blazing straight line speed, not so much when having to make a cut or move.

And I cannot remember his name, but sometime around the mid-1970s a member of the track team with one of the fastest 100-meter times in the world was brought over to the football team to play WR. To say he was fast is putting it mildly. To say he had hands of stone is a disservice to all the rocks in the world. If I remember correctly, the young man could only be used on the relay units on the track team in the lead-off leg because he could only be depended upon to hand off the baton and not receive a hand-off. Too bad too, because in the days of the wishbone he would always have had single coverage and there was not a DB around who could keep up with him on any route over 25 yards.

alagator said:
Not sure about fastest 40-times, but Pierre Goode had to have produced some of the fastest 100-meter times for a real football player. Young man had blazing straight line speed, not so much when having to make a cut or move.

And I cannot remember his name, but sometime around the mid-1970s a member of the track team with one of the fastest 100-meter times in the world was brought over to the football team to play WR. To say he was fast is putting it mildly. To say he had hands of stone is a disservice to all the rocks in the world. If I remember correctly, the young man could only be used on the relay units on the track team in the lead-off leg because he could only be depended upon to hand off the baton and not receive a hand-off. Too bad too, because in the days of the wishbone he would always have had single coverage and there was not a DB around who could keep up with him on any route over 25 yards.

I believe that you are talking about James Mallory.

Coach Saban.

When he first got to Tuscaloosa he ate four steaks, destroyed a hybrid car with an uppercut and ran a 40 yard dash in NEGATIVE 2 seconds.

Don't ask me how he did it....nobody knows and nobody has the cajones to ask him. We call that wisdom.

I doubt he was the fastest, but Ray Hudson before his knee injury was the fastest player on the team at that time. I think he supposedly ran like 4.4 in the 40.

Bama Bo said:
I doubt he was the fastest, but Ray Hudson before his knee injury was the fastest player on the team at that time. I think he supposedly ran like 4.4 in the 40.

yeah i have the same recollection. what about shontua ray?

by the way, millons was no where near the fastest player in the 40.

Gene Jelks, before the knee injury, was probably the fastest. Other notable burners to consiider: Mike Fracchia (before his knee injury), Wilbur Jackson, Kerry Goode (before his knee injury).

Back
Top Bottom