| FTBL Fan Consistency

HiTide

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Sideline Club
Preseason:
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.

Week 1 - WCU
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – This process is going well. Look at that offense! We’ve finally got a running game!

Week 2 - Vandy
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – The process is still going well, but we need improvement from JP.

Week 3 - Arky
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – Screw the process, we’re already there! Can you say “SEC Champs”?

Week 4 - UGA
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – Why is the offense so inconsistent? Why doesn’t Saban make a QB change? Maybe next year – I’m just tired of saying “Maybe next year” every year. I just don’t understand why Saban led us to believe this was our year. This process is going in reverse.

Week 5 - FSU
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – Saban needs to change O coordinators. Why isn’t McElroy playing? If only I could talk to Saban, I could point the changes that need to be made (because he clearly doesn’t recognize them). At least with Shula we had some consistency (no red zone scoring). I like consistency, no matter what it is. This process thing is BS.
 

Wiseace615

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
HiTide said:
Preseason:
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.

Week 1 - WCU
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – This process is going well. Look at that offense! We’ve finally got a running game!

Week 2 - Vandy
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – The process is still going well, but we need improvement from JP.

Week 3 - Arky
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – Screw the process, we’re already there! Can you say “SEC Champs”?

Week 4 - UGA
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – Why is the offense so inconsistent? Why doesn’t Saban make a QB change? Maybe next year – I’m just tired of saying “Maybe next year” every year. I just don’t understand why Saban led us to believe this was our year. This process is going in reverse.

Week 5 - FSU
Saban – This is a process. This is the beginning of the process.
Fans – Saban needs to change O coordinators. Why isn’t McElroy playing? If only I could talk to Saban, I could point the changes that need to be made (because he clearly doesn’t recognize them). At least with Shula we had some consistency (no red zone scoring). I like consistency, no matter what it is. This process thing is BS.

:lol: NICE!! :lol:
 

bamafan850

Verified Member
Sideline Club
laughing.gif
 

Atlanta_Tider

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Right on the money Hi Tide. Listen to the coach, he knows what he is facing with players, staff,fans, over zealous boosters. I never exptected a perfect season, in my mind anything over .500 is going to be a positive. Did I get upset after the 2 losses in a row, nope, for the 1st time ever I am just going to sit back, stay on the bandwagon as I always have and let the coach do his thing.
 
G

Guest

Atlanta_Tider said:
Right on the money Hi Tide. Listen to the coach, he knows what he is facing with players, staff,fans, over zealous boosters. I never exptected a perfect season, in my mind anything over .500 is going to be a positive. Did I get upset after the 2 losses in a row, nope, for the 1st time ever I am just going to sit back, stay on the bandwagon as I always have and let the coach do his thing.

I agree!

Saban tried to warn us. Do you think he referred to "the process" just for kicks? To be honest I chose not to listen to that part thinking he was just preparing us for the worst (just in case). Nope, I chose to listen to what I saw on the field for games one and two.

Then, I chose to listen to the comeback vs. Arkansas (which in reality should have never even be necessary when up by 21!). I chose those things because they were easier and much more fun.

Now, I chose reality. Reality is he told us in so many words that he doesn't have what he needs to get the job done according to his and our expectations. Does that mean we have terrible players? Of course not! It means that we might not have as much talent as other top schools. It also means we might not have the right type of player for his systems.

I am upset (not mad, just sad :( ), but I'm always on the bandwagon. It's time for patience once again and as Coach requested support of the process.
 

RolltideinKY

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Well, when I talk about what I would like to see Saban do, thats all just relative to the process, aight?

See, I know that the coaches, aight, will do whatever they know is best, aight.

Relative to this thread, aight, I am always on the Tide Bandwagon.

Funny story, last week after our tough loss to GA, I ran into a Barn fan. (yeah they infect the place way up here in KY too...)

Of course, I had on my Bama shirt, as always on the weekend. He said, "BAMA! Wow, I didn't figure you would be wearing that after that loss yesterday!"

To which I promptly replied, "I ain't one of those bandwagon fans like AU has. I am Bama through and through. I have been there through Dubose, Shula and all, still yelling Roll Tide."

He walked away with his head hung.

So folks, all I have to say is ROLL TIDE.

Even though we may talk about this or that, does that mean we are turning our back on our team. Certainly not.

No matter if its Pee Wee football all the way to NFL, people will always be "armchair coaches".

For me though, its tough to see these past two games just slowly slip away. Yeah, I fully expected at the start of the season to lose some, but the last two were really close to going our way.

BUT... I still have full faith in Saban's ability to get us back where we need to be.

Relative to the process, aight, Saban will be holding up one of those crystal footballs soon, aight!

ROLL TIDE!!!
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
BamaDelta said:
Now, I chose reality. Reality is he told us in so many words that he doesn't have what he needs to get the job done according to his and our expectations. Does that mean we have terrible players? Of course not! It means that we might not have as much talent as other top schools. It also means we might not have the right type of player for his systems.

I am upset (not mad, just sad :( ), but I'm always on the bandwagon. It's time for patience once again and as Coach requested support of the process.

Perhaps, you should pay attn. to that sick feeling during the week? :wink: ;tr
 

Kanjweld

Verified Member
Registered
Ditto! Sure, I wonder what's going on with JP and DJ - I wonder why we don't try McElroy for a series or five, I get frustrated but I have faith in Saban. He proved what he can accomplish at another school and look where they continue to be today. I fully intend to let his process develop and I'm really excited about the recruiting class. We should still get a bowl game and I truly believe we will "upset" Who or Barn and the viles too so, as always, ROLL TIDE!
 

circledrill

Verified Member
Registered
CrimsonPirate said:
It has occurred to me that the Bama fans on this board are far and away more reasonable in expectations than those on other Bama boards.

I agree. That's why I joined here. You guys actually talk about football and what is going on with your team with intelligence and class. When I joined up here last year, I had been reading this board for a while, and it's the best Alabama board hands down. Don't know how much that means coming from an AU fan, but it's intended as a compliment.
 

HeflinLady

Verified Member
Sideline Club
RolltideinKY said:
Funny story, last week after our tough loss to GA, I ran into a Barn fan. (yeah they infect the place way up here in KY too...)

Of course, I had on my Bama shirt, as always on the weekend. He said, "BAMA! Wow, I didn't figure you would be wearing that after that loss yesterday!"

To which I promptly replied, "I ain't one of those bandwagon fans like AU has. I am Bama through and through. I have been there through Dubose, Shula and all, still yelling Roll Tide."

He walked away with his head hung.

So folks, all I have to say is ROLL TIDE.

Great story! And I say, as always, for the last 37 years, a big fat ROLL TIDE!!
 
Top Bottom