| FTBL ESPN says Florida to beat Bama

Hmmmmm, I thought LSU is our next opponent. :roll:

I hope the players and staff pay zero attention to any of this (and I'm pretty sure they do :) ).

BamaDelta said:
Hmmmmm, I thought LSU is our next opponent. :roll:

I hope the players and staff pay zero attention to any of this (and I'm pretty sure they do :) ).

I'm with ya.. and I hope Vegas makes us the underdog in this game also.. The underdog effect is the reason I didn't want to be #1.. but I'll take it. :)

jdpas29 said:
i know that they practically imploded, but look.... if ole miss can beat floordah we can too.

The thing is, Florida didn't implode to a degree that led to that Ole Miss win. That like to point to a blocked PAT as the game winning play, but the fact is that block kept UF from taking taking that game into OT. In fact, they got the ball back after that block and the OM defense held them to 4 and out to get the ball back at the end of the game.

OM had some very successful drives in that game. 3 of their 4 TD's came with drives that were 70+ yards (one of them a 3 play, 80+ TD.) UF did give them a field goal early in the 3rd and a TD a few minutes after that where OM had very good field position.

That said, Percy Harvin had a field day against the Rebels. One hell of a game!

TerryP said:
jdpas29 said:
i know that they practically imploded, but look.... if ole miss can beat floordah we can too.

The thing is, Florida didn't implode to a degree that led to that Ole Miss win. That like to point to a blocked PAT as the game winning play, but the fact is that block kept UF from taking taking that game into OT. In fact, they got the ball back after that block and the OM defense held them to 4 and out to get the ball back at the end of the game.

OM had some very successful drives in that game. 3 of their 4 TD's came with drives that were 70+ yards (one of them a 3 play, 80+ TD.) UF did give them a field goal early in the 3rd and a TD a few minutes after that where OM had very good field position.

That said, Percy Harvin had a field day against the Rebels. One hell of a game!

I was driving to Alabama that day to watch the Alabama-Georgia game with my family. I was listening to ESPN, and they kept talking about Florida not being a physical team. They kept saying Ole Miss was whipping them at the line. They talked of Florida's weakness on O-line.

It's just strange that their O-line has totally come together after that game. From listening to ESPN that day it wasn't that Florida had talent on O-line that wasn't achieving...it was that they didn't have talent and they weren't achieving. I wonder how they put it all together.

It's not like you can go out and manufacture an O-line that gels. Believe me if you could we would have conjured up several over the past few years. It really is strange.

TigerBait3 said:
Oklahoma vs. LSU. Wouldn't that be delightful. They might score 80.

That would be the remake of an already bad movie. :D

I considered the thought of what an OU vs Penn State game would look like. I liked the thought...that would be a good match-up. I'd rather see a Penn State vs USC Rose Bowl...but that's a different story.

LSU in the Cotton seems likely...Okie State or OU? Which poison would you prefer?

TerryP said:
LSU in the Cotton seems likely...Okie State or OU? Which poison would you prefer?
I like the Oklahoma fans. They were extremely nice in '02 and '03 when I attended games against them.

I'm not a huge Okie St fan. They sort of remind eme of Auburn fans and they think they are great because of just one alumnus. Plus Im sure if Les lost to them it wouldnt be pretty.

Give me Oklahoma.

Back
Top Bottom