| RECRUIT Early Signing Period: Wed (15th) ~ Fri (17th) : UPDATED as new committments come in

I'd argue that though that is a strong sentiment amongst some people. The kid hasn't played a snap in college yet, there's plenty of 5 stars that don't make it at smaller schools in the FBS let alone FCS level, the amount of tools they have there to push him to be great is diminished compared to the amount of $$ a bigger school can offer. I get it, it's a feel good story but I really would worry for the kid if people aren't trying for a headline here and less interested in what would be better for his future. (Ie: A school with more notoriety and a proven track record at pushing people into the pros) Deon can be commended for what he did so far, but I don't see any of his guys on any big boards to be drafted this year...

There's a lot of arguments against playing at that level, strength of competition, less access to TV and notoriety, not as much access to health officials and care for injuries, facilities are maligned or in need of upgrades.

I guess I'm in the court of "I'll believe it when I see it" once again, I do want to reiterate that the decision is 100% the kids decision to make and I stand by his decision, happy for him to get the offer to play. I just have the luxury of knowing I've made plenty of mistakes when I was his age like not choosing the correct path in college or beyond and not figuring this out until I was 25 really and I'd hate for him to look back at a ruined chance and wonder "what if"

I get what you're saying about level of competition but if that was the case why do FCS/HBCU schools have guys drafted every single year?

When do y’all think that Gibbs and Boutte come in?

I don’t know for sure. The word on Gibbs a couple weeks ago was that after signing day it would likely happen. Haven’t heard anything nearly as definitive on Boutte. Just speculating, but his decision may be linked to Metchie's decision. As of now, Metchie is planning on entering the draft if his rehab goes well.

Regarding Hunter: This kid appears to be very very talented. I wish him the best of luck and hope he really enjoys his years at JSU. He is definitely taking the road less traveled. “Fortune favors the bold/brave”

HBCU NFL draft pick stats:
2021 draft - 0
2020 draft - 1
2019 draft - 4
2018 draft - 3

First round draft picks since 2008 - 1

An interesting read here.

Last edited:
So far so good it seems. Can’t dislike anything I am seeing so far. Love the LSU transfers! Looks like we picked up a defensive end as well? Need to keep that d line up to snuff. Who would have thought Alabama would turn Into wide receiver U? 😁

Who did we miss out ? I don't think we necessary missed out on couple of the guys. We targeted, we had Plan 1A, 1B and 1C...

Saban has been real good about keeping some kids in state, so i'm not sure what you're trying to say ..... Do you even understand what you're talking about?

We have Locked down the DBs, signed Ricks and we're good in the area. DL is deep. Next year, we'll be cherry picking and being more selective about who we pick.
Yes, I like to think know what I’m talking about but that doesn’t mean I’m always right. You realize though you can disagree with fellow Bama fans without being ugly … right? Whether you react to comments you disagree with in an ugly manner or you simply state why you disagree with those comments is totally your choice though. Anyway, as to recruiting … it’s ridiculous to think Saban gets every player he wants. He certainly gets far more than his fair share, hence so many top rated classes and so many NC’s. Nonetheless, the instate guys he missed on in this class are Shemar James and Justice Finkley. And from what I’ve heard and read, Bama wanted both of them … especially James. It became obvious months ago Bama didn’t want Woodyard which explains why he flipped to the barn. My main point though centered on next year’s instate class. It is extremely rare … perhaps even unprecedented for the state of Alabama to have five 5 Stars and eleven of the Top 100 players (actually top 92) in one recruiting class. Three of the 5 Stars are DB’s and two are defensive tackles and those are most definitely positions of need or at a minimum positions of want for Saban. That’s especially true with the DB’s as any intellectually honest appraisal of Bama’s secondary this season makes that clear.

You realize though you can disagree with fellow Bama fans without being ugly … right? Whether you react to comments you disagree with in an ugly manner or you simply state why you disagree with those comments is totally your choice though.
Sometimes you’ve got to ignore him, he disagrees often and was not taught the art of tact as a youth. Or maybe it just didn’t stick. Hence the multiple usernames he’s had over the years from getting 86’d from the forum. Didn’t mean to interrupt the good discussion, just wanted to throw that PSA out there. Please carry on with all observations, thoughts and opinions related to the greatest university in existence. 😆

Yes, I like to think know what I’m talking about but that doesn’t mean I’m always right. You realize though you can disagree with fellow Bama fans without being ugly … right? Whether you react to comments you disagree with in an ugly manner or you simply state why you disagree with those comments is totally your choice though

I didn't need a lecture from you. If I want one, I can go to my wife and have her lecture me about leaving the clothes on the floor, toilet seat up, and not taking out the trash. If you're going to be sensitive, kindly give us head up next time and we'll try and cuddle you a little bit. Aight? All I did was trying to figure out where you came up with that, in attempt to understand where you were coming from.

Anyway, as to recruiting … it’s ridiculous to think Saban gets every player he wants. He certainly gets far more than his fair share, hence so many top rated classes and so many NC’s. Nonetheless, the instate guys he missed on in this class are Shemar James and Justice Finkley. And from what I’ve heard and read, Bama wanted both of them … especially James. It became obvious months ago Bama didn’t want Woodyard which explains why he flipped to the barn.
Shemar James- Let's see, He decommited from Florida after Dan Mullin was fired, and He named Alabama and Georgias as finalist. Every Since Billy Napier was hired, he made up the ground and it's not suprising he got James to recommited to Florida. The day before Signing, it was believed it was either UGA or Florida. Can't miss on someone who doesn't want to be in state.

Justice Finkley- Can't miss on someone who wanted to do something different. This is what he said:
This was about more than football as Finkley said when reaching for the Texas hat. He mentioned he’d be continuing his “academic and athletic career” in Austin because he’s got plans beyond the field. Finkley wants to pursue a career in medicine, possibly as a neurosurgeon or plastic surgeon and the medical school at Texas impressed him.
“Everybody expects a kid in Bama to go to Bama,” Finkley said, “but nobody expects me to go to a different state and play for a team.”"

It became obvious months ago Bama didn’t want Woodyard which explains why he flipped to the barn. My main point though centered on next year’s instate class. It is extremely rare … perhaps even unprecedented for the state of Alabama to have five 5 Stars and eleven of the Top 100 players (actually top 92) in one recruiting class. Three of the 5 Stars are DB’s and two are defensive tackles and those are most definitely positions of need or at a minimum positions of want for Saban. That’s especially true with the DB’s as any intellectually honest appraisal of Bama’s secondary this season makes that clear.
Woodyard- Bama quickly realized that he wasn't it, and moved on from him months ago.
This is who we are targeting for 2023:

Defensive Line (4-5)
5* DL Peter Woods 6-3/259 AL hudl
5* DL Lebbeus Overton 6-4.5/265 GA hudl <---- Georgia
4* DE Kelby Collins 6-5/250 AL hudl
4* DE Tomarrion Parker 6-4/250 AL hudl
4* DE Keldric Faulk 6-4/235 AL hudl
5* DE/TE Matayo Uiagalelei 6-4/255 CA hudl <--- CA

Linebackers (4-5)
5* ILB Jaiden Ausberry 6-2/205 LA hudl <- Lousiana
4* OLB Qua Russaw 6-2/230 AL hudl
5* OLB Malik Bryant 6-2/235 IMG/FL hudl <- IMG

Defensive Backs (4-5)
5* CB Jahlil Hurley 6-2/170 AL hudl
5* CB Tony Mitchell 6-2/180 AL hudl
5* CB AJ Harris 6-2/180 AL hudl
5* CB Cormani McClain 6-1.5/165 FL hudl <- FL
5* S/WR Joenel Aguero 6-0/195 IMG/MA hudl <-- IMG
4* S/WR Caleb Downs 6-0/185 GA hudl <- GA
4* S/WR Derek Williams 6-2/185 LA hudl<- LA

While we do try and focus on Alabama pipeline, but Saban is focused on trying to get the best player at the position regardless of what state he is from.

Sometimes you’ve got to ignore him, he disagrees often and was not taught the art of tact as a youth. Or maybe it just didn’t stick. Hence the multiple usernames he’s had over the years from getting 86’d from the forum. Didn’t mean to interrupt the good discussion, just wanted to throw that PSA out there. Please carry on with all observations, thoughts and opinions related to the greatest university in existence. 😆
Not sure who you're talking about... But I'm not that person. I have never had multiple usernames...or never getting kicked out of the forum here or anywhere. I'm on SECRANT, Tidefans and here. Those are only three I look at and post on consistent basis.

Also, I really don't remember having a discussion where I would disagree with people consistently here on forum.

Not sure who you're talking about... But I'm not that person. I have never had multiple usernames...or never getting kicked out of the forum here or anywhere. I'm on SECRANT, Tidefans and here. Those are only three I look at and post on consistent basis.

Also, I really don't remember having a discussion where I would disagree with people consistently here on forum.
That was my bad, I read the poster incorrectly. I apologize.

Back
Top Bottom