| RECRUIT Early National Signing Day starts Wednesday, December 19th.

@colbyjacks, I'm not making a lot of the Dean stories. Sanders is a story in itself. UGA, UA, Texas feels they have a shot, and UF is still on his trail. I couldn't predict it one way or another—I don't believe anyone can at this point.

I've heard about Webb but not really delved into the where, why, etc. I felt Bama's chances were pretty good going in, he's a good interior prospect and should do well. There's been suggestion(s) he was told he'd get his shot at offensive tackle and UGA was the only school to tell him such. There are a few pretty ticked off about the whole thing.

My attention, today, is pretty much on these guys:

Dean and Sanders as mentioned, and add Sophsher, Thibodeux, Neal, and Battle to that mix. To'oto'o a name that doesn't seem to be disappearing. If the staff were able to land three or four from that group—and that's certainly plausible—it's shaping up really well.

On a slightly different note, but related, Dean, Sanders, and Thibodeaux are guys that want to enroll early. Neal is one as well so there's four guys the staff wants that are worth following pretty closely.

ICYMI: Dalcourt, Harris, Alfano, Carter, Reichard, Quick, Bowles, Dale, Tagovailoa, Turnage, Tyson, Eboigbe, Kight, Lee, and Mwikuta are all set to enroll early.

Folk tales contain wisdom. A bird in the hand. Once burned....
Last year our staff was told “I am coming but not signing early because....”
Get fooled once that’s on you. Get fooled twice that’s on me.

High school football: Hard choice led prized recruit Dax Hill to change from Michigan to Alabama
By Mike Brown Tulsa World 6 hrs ago

Dax Hill had plenty of choices about where to continue his football career.

The tough part for the celebrated Booker T. Washington defensive back was making up his mind.

On Sept. 18, he committed to the University Michigan. Last weekend, he announced he was decommiting from the Wolverines and going with No. 1 Alabama.

Verbal commitments are nonbinding. Hill said in a visit to the Tulsa World newsroom Thursday he hadn’t made up his mind whether he would sign a National Letter of Intent during the early-signing period, next Wednesday through Friday.

Michigan and Alabama “are both great schools,” he said. “So at the end of the day, it was kind of a hard decision for me and my family.”

In the past few weeks, Hill apparently started reconsidering his decision. Then, on Dec. 1, Alabama rallied past Georgia 35-28 in a rousing Southeastern Conference championship game before a raucous crowd of 77,141 in Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

“(Alabama’s) just been one of the leaders in my whole recruiting process, so I wouldn’t say it was over a game that switched my mind — they were just always recruiting me hard,” he said.

Before tweeting his change of heart at 6 p.m. Saturday, he contacted Michigan assistants Sherrone Moore, who coaches tight ends, and Chris Patridge, special-teams coordinator and safeties coach.

https://twitter.com/daxhill5/status/1071552365411602433

In his twitter post, he thanked the Wolverines coaches who “took their time to come see me play or reached out to make sure everything was well with my family and I.”

Alabama was on Hill’s list of six finalists before he committed to Michigan. His four other finalists were Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

The Crimson Tide’s roster includes another Tulsan, junior running back Josh Jacobs from McLain.

Hill, named last week as Oklahoma’s Gatorade football player of the year, is rated a five-star prospect by 247sports.com, the No. 1 safety and No. 7 player overall in the 2019 recruiting class.

In 2018, he had 93 tackles, including nine for losses, and two forced fumbles to help the Hornets reach the Class 6A Division II semifinals. Hill, also used at wide receiver, scored touchdowns on seven of his 13 receptions.

In 2017, he helped lead the Hornets to the 6AII state championship.

Recruiting - BONE: Which recruits will enroll early? | BamaInsider.com
Commitments enrolling early:

Taulia Tagovailoa

Paul Tyson (has officially arrived)

John Metchie (arriving today)

Pierce Quick (arriving today)

Amari Kight

Justin Eboigbe

Antonio Alfano

Shane Lee

Darrian Dalcourt

Jeffrey Carter

Kevin Harris

DJ Dale

Will Reichard

Tanner Bowles

TBD
King Mwikuta (will sign early regardless)

Commitments not enrolling early:

Dax Hill (still debating on when he will sign)

Christian Harris

DeMarrco Hellams (will sign early)

Keilan Robinson

Christian Williams

Byron Young

Brandon Turnage (will sign early)

Braylen Ingraham (will sign early)

Jahleel Billingsley (will sign early)

Targets who will enroll early:

Kayvon Thibodeaux (will announce on Saturday)

Evan Neal (will announce on December 19)

Trey Sanders (will announce on December 19)

Nakobe Dean (will announce on December 19)

DJ Williams (will announce on December 19)

Targets who will not enroll early:

Ishmael Sopsher

Henry To’oto’o (will announce on January 19)

Darnell Wright

Khris Bogle (will announce on January 5)

Jordan Battle (will sign early)

Nathan Pickering

Jaquaze Sorrells

Noa Pola-Gates (will announce on January 19)

Keon Zipperer (will sign early)

Marcus Banks (will announce on January 5)

Ty Robinson (will sign early)

Deondrick Glass (will announce on January 14)
1 Andrew Bone, Today at 9:38 AM
Last edited: Today at 12:49 PM

Ya know, I just saw something on Twitter, something I see in a LOT of these commitment announcements via Twitter. Something I also just saw Damien Harris tweet about graduating and how much he loves this university.

<SLO polishes his Grammar Police badge>

"Apart"

Vs

"a part"

As an example, (random commit) "I really want to be apart of national championships"

-or-

"I'm apart of the greatest tradition at the greatest University in the world"

That's a pretty stark grammar faux-pas in context.

/rant

FWIW, I'd stick your head in a time or two over the weekend. It looks to be a very good one.

Saturday could bring very promising word from the Left Coast!

Well the ‘experts’ (247 Sports Crystal Ball) haven’t heard these rumors yet. They have Thibodeaux 61% to Oregon (18% Bama). They also claim an 82% accuracy rate for 2019 with average number of days being correct at 44.

Hope you guys know something that no one else appears to be in on. Are y’all trying to suggest yourselves to be “INSIDERS”?!?!

FWIW, I'd stick your head in a time or two over the weekend. It looks to be a very good one.

Saturday could bring very promising word from the Left Coast!

Well the ‘experts’ (247 Sports Crystal Ball) haven’t heard these rumors yet. They have Thibodeaux 61% to Oregon (18% Bama). They also claim an 82% accuracy rate for 2019 with average number of days being correct at 44.

Hope you guys know something that no one else appears to be in on. Are y’all trying to suggest yourselves to be “INSIDERS”?!?!

I think some of that Crystal Ball crap is dated.

A lot of these kids holding out just don't have the answers. Their brain continues to download and they can't shut it off and just make the call. It's why we all are better off just being patient and give them the benefit of the doubt.

It's not football, it's just science. There are guys on this forum that will just make a decision and live with it. There are others that will over evaluate and soon it's paralysis by analysis. It's just human nature at work.

Anyone hear anything on Thibs ? I've heard it's trending back to Oregon, but "Bama still has a shot"

Dont like the sounds of that.
FSU folks still believe they have a good shot. Ol' Mario is certainly feeling confident they land him, but at the same time there's guys like Tosh who feel they have had him locked up for a few weeks now.

1544895392390.png

Anyone hear anything on Thibs ? I've heard it's trending back to Oregon, but "Bama still has a shot"

Dont like the sounds of that.
FSU folks still believe they have a good shot. Ol' Mario is certainly feeling confident they land him, but at the same time there's guys like Tosh who feel they have had him locked up for a few weeks now.

View attachment 10383

Said he was going to shock the world. Just being a showman?

I remember him saying that in June or July and then again in October. The last one ... is it a coincidence it came right after there were a handful of CB's thrown his way?

The only "shock the world" he could pull today would be announcing for a Florida school—and FSU still isn't much of a shock.

I remember him saying that in June or July and then again in October. The last one ... is it a coincidence it came right after there were a handful of CB's thrown his way?

The only "shock the world" he could pull today would be announcing for a Florida school—and FSU still isn't much of a shock.

The shock to the world would be he dons an..... Auburn cap!

Back
Top Bottom