| RECRUIT Early National Signing Day starts Wednesday, December 19th.

Interesting to see if Dax ends up as a hard hitting corner or a do it all in the Minkah mode, rather than a "free" safety. With that speed.....

Also interesting about Carter- makes me wonder about decommits, especially Christian Williams from Daphne- heard he is visiting around.

Lastly, reading on the internet last night, I think I understand that while both of these boys have flipped, that neither plan to sign during the early signing period. I wonder why that would be?

ign up for an annual subscription!

bbg8zv7dmeuwoa5tybio

BamaInsider.com - Four-star DB makes his own decision for Alabama

Jeffrey Carter,
four-star cornerback from Legacy High School in Mansfield, Texas, flipped to the University of Alabama on Saturday night. Carter committed to Texas A&M in July instead of Alabama. There has been a lot of speculation for a while after he took a return visit to Tuscaloosa in November. The commitment to Alabama was not premeditated.

"We never planned the flip," Jeffrey Carter Sr., said about his son, Scooby's commitment to Alabama on Saturday. What happened, happened. Nick Saban is a great salesman.
"This was our fourth or fifth visit to Alabama. We have been there several times. This trip was more about reassurance. We were making sure things are in place for him to be successful.
"Whatever my son decided we wanted to make sure he has the things in place and structure in place for him to be successful. It didn't matter where he was going. Everyone has top-notch facilities and programs. Nick Saban has a proven track record that is just different than anyone else."
Carter flipping to Alabama is a major recruiting win for Nick Saban against Jimbo Fisher. The Carter family still has a lot of respect for Texas A&M.
"I'd say we have a little bit of nervous energy," the father said. "Bama is a good ways away. You can't go wrong with either school. Both are great programs. We really enjoyed the coaches at A&M.
"My wife and I didn't make this decision, but we provided our son with all the info at hand for each school. He is able to make his own decision. Hopefully, with everything his mother and I have instilled in him he knows the decision that is best for him.
"I don't see much difference between the two schools. After a while all the info you get from all these programs is receptive. Both are A-1 programs. Jimbo (Fisher) is turning A&M around. You won't see me ever saying a bad thing about them. We were blessed to be able be in this position. He couldn't go wrong with either choice."
Alabama didn't stop recruiting Carter when he announced to the Aggies. Carter does not expect things to change now that he committed to Alabama from the other side.
"Nobody every stopped recruiting my son until we told them to stop," he said. "Neither school has ever stopped calling. Alabama is looking to come back to visit sometime this week. I am sure A&M will try to come in as well."
Carter will sign his letter of intent on December 19. He will also enroll in January.

I attended Jacksonville High School and played football we played Oxford every year as they are in Calhoun County. I can not think of a single elite player from Oxford that has signed with the Tide. The major majority sign with the barn. Kwon Alexander signed with LSU. I've heard Webb has a mean streak hope we can land him.
Quite the coincidence. I attended Jacksonville State and had some sexual favors from some Oxford girls. I also was working in Calhoun Co(Anniston) when Kwon was playing at Oxford.

Did we have room for Kwon Alexander? I seem to remember we were very interested in Denzel Devall out of LA but less of a priority for Alexander. I know Les seldom did much in Alabama once coach Saban closed the borders.

Did we have room for Kwon Alexander? I seem to remember we were very interested in Denzel Devall out of LA but less of a priority for Alexander. I know Les seldom did much in Alabama once coach Saban closed the borders.

As I recall Nick offered Kwon a greyshirt deal late in the process. At that time Kwon wasn't big enough to fill the ILB spots with the scheme Kirby and Nick were running AT THAT TIME. He was a really good player at LSU and in the NFL as well. His speed is the key to his success.

As I recall Nick offered Kwon a greyshirt deal late in the process. At that time Kwon wasn't big enough to fill the ILB spots with the scheme Kirby and Nick were running AT THAT TIME. He was a really good player at LSU and in the NFL as well. His speed is the key to his success.

Sounds right. With our downsizing, he would be the perfect get these days. Shows how much our defensive philosophy has changed since 2012.

Bama insiders just crystal balled Webb to UGA. He is gone.

Well he may very well go to Georgia, but a lot of these crystal ball guys are 60 and 70% for this year alone, so anything can still happen. Georgia had a very solid line this year and still couldn't cut it, so Webb ending up in Athens doesn't hurt us. I'm still thrilled we flipped Daxton Hill, who was a much better pull than Webb if you ask me.

I wish Mr. Webb the best. Easy decision when you factor in elderly grandparents living in Georgia and his close family ties. Closing with Evans, Sanders, Wright, KT and Dean ;) will ease the sting.

Not concerned about Webb. I am sure he will be a good player but he never really considered us. I assume he is an Auburn kid that couldn't bring himself to the dumpster fire that is Lee county right now so Georgia seemed like the next obvious choice. I would have told him to go to Tennessee. They are in desperate need of bodies, I think they are headed in the right direction with Pruitt and he could really piss off Bama that way.

If he goes to Georgia he will be just another back up guard who was to scared to compete at Bama. Future UAB grad transfer..lol

I attended Jacksonville High School and played football we played Oxford every year as they are in Calhoun County. I can not think of a single elite player from Oxford that has signed with the Tide. The major majority sign with the barn. Kwon Alexander signed with LSU. I've heard Webb has a mean streak hope we can land him.
Quite the coincidence. I attended Jacksonville State and had some sexual favors from some Oxford girls. I also was working in Calhoun Co(Anniston) when Kwon was playing at Oxford.

Yeah those Oxford girls have some special talents. ;)

Back
Top Bottom