| RECRUIT Early National Signing Day starts Wednesday, December 19th.

Jeffrey Carter (CB) - Good looking prospect! Seems right up Saban's alley in terms of how fundamentally sound and physical he is. Looks like a guy that will do his job really well and has the size and speed to keep up with elite receivers.

Jordan Battle (S) - Don't know what the dude we lost looks like but Battle looks like a great fit. Love that he's got a good frame (6'1 190) and room to add weight. Covers a lot of ground and super athletic. Fits well covering all these 4-5 WR looks now a days!

Shane Lee (LB) - Interesting one here.... I remember back in the day when it was Kirby or CNS who flat out told Shaun Dion-Hamilton they didn't offer LB's that short. Then a few months later they offered. lol. He's a shorter thicker LB which is worrisome in pass coverage but he runs pretty damn well. Super physical and brings the pain. If he can be anything like SDH he's a winner... Time will tell.

Turnage (CB) - Stud. Really like his length and size at CB. Seems super fluid and not afraid to be physical. Should be competitive with some of the young DB's we have on campus for some P.T.! By this time next year he may be 6'2 200 ish which could lead to that Eddie Jackson type of role down the road!

As far as the OT's... What a haul!

I actually like both Quick and Kight more than Neal. Neal is so massive it's hard for him to really move with the explosiveness of the other 2... But he's so damn powerful that he's going to dominate the dude in front of him when he gets control. I can see why he's the better "prospect", but Quick has some great feet and speed for an OT. I like Kight the most, just think he has everything including that idea 6'6 310 size that is so hard to find. Have to believe at least 2 of them pan out in a big way!

I actually like both Quick and Kight more than Neal.
I don't think we'll see Quick or Kight on the field before Neal. Going into spring and fall camps of 2019 it's the left side of the line that'll be the one I'll be watching. There are two scenarios I see talked about the most: One, Leatherwood moving outside to man the tackle position and Neal starting off as guard or two, Neal starting at left tackle from day one. If Neal doesn't start, the first position battle I'll watch is who mans LG? Is it Brown again, or do we see Neal there? That's dependent on who we're looking at for the center position (Owens or Ekyior) and the old "which five gel to best / best five."

Here's a wrench to throw into the mix: What happens when Matt Womack if finally healthy again?

Jimbos personal life is what he struggles with. Very erratic behavior with people on a daily basis...

I don’t know if he was erratic before the marital issues, but I would think having your wife nailing younger guys with abandon could put you off kilter.

So that stuff was true about his wife?

She reportedly received a $3.4MM lump sum, did not get the house, and gets about $50M a year in child support for their two young kids. For a guy knocking back $5MM a year at the time, there had to be leverage on his side to get those numbers. It was published in a few places that as soon as Jimbo's attorney began working toward depositions of certain alleged suitors, and showing an intent to get all text and email activity from her accounts, the divorce was settled over the course of a few weeks.

Based on that, it's probably true.

RTR,

Tim

There have been a number of unintended consequences to the early signing that otherwise would not occur. The universities are hiring head coaches and making moves on assistant coaches a lot earlier. Some are deciding to rip the band-aid off even during the season. As far as the workload goes, to be fair, isn't it also true that after the early signing period, our coaches are not only zeroing in on the last few to fill out the class they can now concentrate more fully on the 2020 and 2021 recruits? Getting a jump on the future recruits is a big deal. It's hard to get behind when you now have the time to get to know the future recruits better instead of babysitting all 25 recruits this season when most already know where they want to be. Just a thought.

Sorry, I've been using M for thousands and MM for millions for over 30 years. Hard habit to break.

I understand, started working at a firm 17 months ago. I'm still trying to get to the hang of it because I've always used M for millions up until now.

What's funny is when abbreviations from hobbies, other pursuits or prior jobs collide with a current job. I worked in college in a hospital where LOC was Loss of Consciousness, RTC was Routine Terminal Care (same as DNR - Do Not Resuscitate today) and I still think of them when I'm seeing Letters or Lines Of Credit, The Resolution Trust Corporation, or the Department of Natural Resources. I try to stay relevant in my medical knowledge and have a Wilderness First Responder on my bucket list at or before retirement. Back when all prescriptions were hand written, I used to double check the prescription for what the MD would say - I've caught mistakes with dosages (tid vs. bid) before leaving the office with kids, and the staff was equally relieved and surprised to have someone checking behind them.

I guess I'm just a geek about TLA's...

RTR,

Tim

Jimbos personal life is what he struggles with. Very erratic behavior with people on a daily basis...

I don’t know if he was erratic before the marital issues, but I would think having your wife nailing younger guys with abandon could put you off kilter.

So that stuff was true about his wife?

She reportedly received a $3.4MM lump sum, did not get the house, and gets about $50M a year in child support for their two young kids. For a guy knocking back $5MM a year at the time, there had to be leverage on his side to get those numbers. It was published in a few places that as soon as Jimbo's attorney began working toward depositions of certain alleged suitors, and showing an intent to get all text and email activity from her accounts, the divorce was settled over the course of a few weeks.

Based on that, it's probably true.

RTR,

Tim
He has a child with a disability, I believe he lives with jimbo most of the time(I could be wrong about that). Atm is close to a medical center that specializes in said disability.

Back
Top Bottom