| RECRUIT Early National Signing Day starts Wednesday, December 19th.

Who's the 4th?

Jumbo will do well at aTm; however, much like Urban... does he have staying power? He’s not shown that once he reaches the top, he can stay there.

You sure you want to use Meyers as the poster child for sustainability? He's retiring for lots of personal reasons, not because he can't sustain talent in Columbus or win football games. He has 3 national championships and has owned the B1G since his arrival. Including this year.

I hope Jimbo doesn't get on that type of roll. But, he's getting the talent to finish what he started. And he's going to be a menace from here on out. The 4th super team, take your pick? If Mullens can get the Florida pipeline open again he will be a handful and LSU finished neck and neck with the Aggies yesterday. Something I didn't think the Tigers would get close to ever doing under Ed Ø.
You need to RE-READ what I said about Urban... I think you are very confused in what I said. Urban doesn’t have staying power because he doesn’t “Stay” anywhere. He builds the program and leaves at the first sign of adversity. Jimbo built FSU back up and left at the first sign of adversity.

That makes zero sense...

Jimbo put together the team that recruited and brought Jameis to the team. The head coach’s main responsibility is recruiting (IMO). Jimbo has shown how well he can build up a program... what he hasn’t shown is the ability to stay at that level. It’s like once he gets to that point, he takes a deep breath and relaxes...

aTm will be a consistent UGa Richt like team. 10-2 is the normal with a loss or two each year in games they should win.

That is not the Aggie team that finished the season. In their last game of the season vs LSU they were not quitting. You might as well develop a healthy respect for the amount of talent and coaching these teams are putting on the field. It's going to continue to show up regardless of this snapshot you tend to keep around about all future success.

And you might want to keep in mind, because of these super talented teams that no other conference can boast about, the 8 team playoff is your friend.

You need to RE-READ what I said about Urban... I think you are very confused in what I said. Urban doesn’t have staying power because he doesn’t “Stay” anywhere. He builds the program and leaves at the first sign of adversity. Jimbo built FSU back up and left at the first sign of adversity.

What adversity?

The 4th super team, take your pick? If Mullens can get the Florida pipeline open again he will be a handful and LSU finished neck and neck with the Aggies yesterday.
As long as Coach O and Gus are the head coaches of LSU and aU... neither will be a consistent winner regardless of recruited talent. Neither know how to develop and use that talent IMO.

UF... I could see growing, but they are a long way off IMO. Maybe in 4 years, but that’s a long way off.

What adversity?
Struggles with the alumni and board. Losing asst coaches to other programs.

As long as Coach Ø and Gus are the head coaches of LSU and aU... neither will be a consistent winner regardless of recruited talent. Neither know how to develop and usctgat talent IMO.

No one mentioned Gus. Ask Georgia is ed O can outcoach a top 5 team? What I wasn't expecting was that he would be able to put top 5 talent back on this team. Guess what? He can.

My original point before it gets lost in all this rhetoric is that the Aggies, Tigers and perhaps Gators are going to be every bit as scary as the dawgs.

That makes zero sense...

Jimbo put together the team that recruited and brought Jameis to the team. The head coach’s main responsibility is recruiting (IMO). Jimbo has shown how well he can build up a program... what he hasn’t shown is the ability to stay at that level. It’s like once he gets to that point, he takes a deep breath and relaxes...

aTm will be a consistent UGa Richt like team. 10-2 is the normal with a loss or two each year in games they should win.

That is not the Aggie team that finished the season. In their last game of the season vs LSU they were not quitting. You might as well develop a healthy respect for the amount of talent and coaching these teams are putting on the field. It's going to continue to show up regardless of this snapshot you tend to keep around about all future success.

And you might want to keep in mind, because of these super talented teams that no other conference can boast about, the 8 team playoff is your friend.
I think that’s what I was saying... I always respected the Richt teams a UGa... they were always “good” teams. They just always dropped a game or two they should have won.

Jimbo is the same... my question is how long does he stay when/IF aTm gets tired of never getting over the hump?

Jimbo at FSU reach the top, but when he started to butt heads with alumi and board he stopped putting effort into recruiting and then left for aTm as soon as the pantry was bare.

Been here before watched us dismantle too many of these to worry. Kirby is another cycle away from people no longer buying the “we are gonna win championships” pitch he was hot news before, but now he’s starting to sour and not deliver

super teams is going to reside west of us in College Station.
It's a class that's really heavy on Texas kids. Some look at that as a good thing. It's been my experience that they tend to be over rated nationally. Out of their normal top 20, you'll find three to five names you'll recognize. They normally get the top one or two right...after that, guessing game on evaluations in Texas.

Watching the two states and the players they produce I'd prefer players coming from Florida high schools systems versus Texas. They're the better players.

We also have to consider the situation FSU is in today and weigh that heavily when judging Jimbo. I see that no differently than judging Urban on how he left Florida, or how Mack Brown left Texas.

But struggling over what? Facility upgrades, paying assistant coaches the market value? How long would coach Saban have put up with that at the Capstone? Which brings me to another similarity. Jimbo is recruiting at possibly the best athletic facility in the country with a BOT that has opened the checkbook and gotten out of the way. Jimbo's DC was pulled out of a very successful South Bend football program because they were willing to pay. Kinda reminds you of our coach after Shula, doesn't it?

As long as Coach Ø and Gus are the head coaches of LSU and aU... neither will be a consistent winner regardless of recruited talent. Neither know how to develop and usctgat talent IMO.

No one mentioned Gus. Ask Georgia is Ed Ø can outcoach a top 5 team? What I wasn't expecting was that he would be able to put top 5 talent back on this team. Guess what? He can.

My original point before it gets lost in all this rhetoric is that the Aggies, Tigers and perhaps Gators are going to be every bit as scary as the dawgs.
Ed O will never be the coach to lead LSU back to the powerhouse they once were. Will they win big games from time to time... sure, but it’s consistency that makes a team great.

I mentioned Gus because I can’t resist laughing at aU and Gus whenever I get a chance. ;)

I am with Terry on this Texas high football talent deal. Texas should have never fallen to the level they did after the 2009 loss to The King. Mack was either recruiting the wrong guys are the evaluations on those guys were way off. I guess with so many colleges in Texas the talent could be so spread out that nobody has an elite roster. JMO but I believe Jimbo will bring A&M to the top of state of Texas football in 2020.

But struggling over what? Facility upgrades, paying assistant coaches the market value? How long would coach Saban have put up with that at the Capstone? Which brings me to another similarity. Jimbo is recruiting at possibly the best athletic facility in the country with a BOT that has opened the checkbook and gotten out of the way. Jimbo's DC was pulled out of a very successful South Bend football program because they were willing to pay. Kinda reminds you of our coach after Shula, doesn't it?
Well see how much Jumbo and aTm alumni get along after the honeymoon is over. FSU and Jumbo got along very well... until they didn’t... and he bailed 2years later.

Well see how much Jumbo and aTm alumni get along after the honeymoon is over. FSU and Jumbo got along very well... until they didn’t... and he bailed 2years later.

The 2012 season is the best season the Collies have had in 40 years so I guess that is the goal Jimbo has to achieve. Beat Bama

It's a class that's really heavy on Texas kids. Some look at that as a good thing. It's been my experience that they tend to be over rated nationally. Out of their normal top 20, you'll find three to five names you'll recognize. They normally get the top one or two right...after that, guessing game on evaluations in Texas.

Watching the two states and the players they produce I'd prefer players coming from Florida high schools systems versus Texas. They're the better players.

We also have to consider the situation FSU is in today and weigh that heavily when judging Jimbo. I see that no differently than judging Urban on how he left Florida, or how Mack Brown left Texas.

Too broad of a brush for my taste. Waddle, Jalen, A'Shawn Robinson, Kendrick James, Bobby Brown, we just pulled Jeffrey Carter. Not a comprehensive list, just off the top of my head. Talent is simply where you find it, and develop it. Too dismissive for what is coming in the SEC.

This is how the SEC finished in the early signing period:
Alabama
Georgia
Texas A&M
LSU

That's the immediate future and looks plenty sustainable. All the same generalizations about how things will always be are not what we are going to have to gear up for.

The 2012 season is the best season the Collies have had in 40 years so I guess that is the goal Jimbo has to achieve. Beat Bama

Jimbo knows it. Kirby knows it. Ed O knows it. If you measure Texas A&M off the old southwest, you're wrong. Sumlin did it with talent in 2012 and even then he was a bad coach. Jimbo is not. The program wanted out of the shadow of the Longhorns, and they are. I believe that their coaching is as good as anyone's in the SEC, not named Alabama.

@T&B - Keilan Robinson is pretty awesome. Quick and slippery. I'm sure they're going to put some lbs on him, but he's a nice option in the backfield compared to the bigger backs like Najee and now Sanders coming in.

How come him, Williams, and young are just considered hard commits and not signed? A little confused on that part. RTR

TAMU has arguably the deepest pockets in all of college football and the best facilities in the SEC. Look how quickly they raised the money for Kyle Field upgrades. They are a sleeping giant. Texas by location is in a tough spot for any real signification changes and somehow they've fallen way behind in facilities.

I don't think Jimbo is the guy, but he'll do better than his predecessors.

TAMU has arguably the deepest pockets in all of college football and the best facilities in the SEC. Look how quickly they raised the money for Kyle Field upgrades. They are a sleeping giant. Texas by location is in a tough spot for any real signification changes and somehow they've fallen way behind in facilities.

I don't think Jimbo is the guy, but he'll do better than his predecessors.

Right now, he went into College Station with pretty much the same credentials that Nick Saban had when he went into Tuscaloosa. His first season was by all standards as good as what we experienced in 2007. We nearly missed beating the NC in LSU, we upset Tennessee and Arkansas, lost to LA Monroe. Jimbo's team had fight. They gave Clemson a near-death experience, beat a better LSU team after losing 6 in a row to them, finished 2nd in the SEC West with an 8-4 record. This is a solid team with good talent, not great..............yet. They were well coached at every position and he will get every last bit of talent out of his QB.

TAMU has arguably the deepest pockets in all of college football and the best facilities in the SEC. Look how quickly they raised the money for Kyle Field upgrades. They are a sleeping giant.

I have always thought this, but they have never been able to get over the hump. Bear went there and turned them into a winner, but left when Mama called. Stallings was fired from there, came to Bama averaged 10 wins a year during an 11 game season and won the 92 Championship. Fran comes in and appears to right the ship. Wins the west, although we were ineligible to play for it. Hops a plan to College Station only to screw the pooch and suck it up. Fran was paid an exorbitant amount at the time of his arrival at aTm. He pretty much had the same deal as what Jimbo appears to be getting. Facilities, money for himself and his coaches. Any extra that might be needed for recruiting.

I agree Jimbo appears poised to make the best of it, but over the years aTm has shown the ability to screw up a wet dream. Verdict is still out on whether or not Jimbo gives them what they are searching for.

Back
Top Bottom