| HOW TO Do you do Wordle? (Game purchased by the NY Times for seven figures.)

If you break the code to the game and can defeat it every time haven't you ultimately beaten the game? Is it that much different that another solving a 5000 piece puzzle?

What do you mean, "two devices?"
Every day, everyone gets the same word. Play it from your phone and solve it in five steps, then go to a tablet, laptop or PC and boom, you're a genius in solving it none or one step.

Every day, everyone gets the same word. Play it from your phone and solve it in five steps, then go to a tablet, laptop or PC and boom, you're a genius in solving it none or one step.
Unless they're "cross branding," I'd think most are playing it using Chrome. They also have those synced across multiple devices.

When I saw the articles about someone hacking the game that is a puzzle in and of itself. If I had the time I'd find it...there's one line I've found in that image that tells me where to start looking.

That variable is a command is where I'm starting...if I do. La= ?

I dunno...reading and drinkin'.

@rocknthefreeworld you have experience in this, don't you?

Screenshot 2022-02-01 3.29.16 PM.png

Unless they're "cross branding," I'd think most are playing it using Chrome. They also have those synced across multiple devices.

When I saw the articles about someone hacking the game that is a puzzle in and of itself. If I had the time I'd find it...there's one line I've found in that image that tells me where to start looking.

That variable is a command is where I'm starting...if I do. La= ?

I dunno...reading and drinkin'.

@rocknthefreeworld you have experience in this, don't you?

View attachment 20300
Yep. JavaScript. Two string arrays in there (La, Ta) and there is a date that is adjusted for 2021-05-19 and the array item is picked from that adjusted date. I grabbed that much from an unformatted copy of the source in Chrome. Wouldn't be hard to pull it over and format it then check how the date and array work so the word is the same for everyone. Then you would know the word every day. I don't care enough to go through that to cheat. Just having fun with the game itself while I can.

As a non-coding guy, trust me, my phone doesn’t know my laptop doesn’t know my iPad doesn’t know my PC. They all keep up with Wordle stats separately, depending on which device I use. My device locations bounce from Chicago to Kansas City to Arlington, which tweaks my YouTube TV, so maybe that provides some anonymity. Home PC pings GA.

BTW, if you are concerned that they will add a bunch of ads or block access to it at some point, you can right click and save the entire game to your own machine. Even rehost it for your own personal use if you have your own domain. Just don't let it sit out in public now as the NYT will definitely come after you if they find you are hosting it publicly.

The developer sold this way too cheap. Even though he got a few mill. Maybe he didn’t want to fool with expanding and ads and all, but I’m of the opinion he could have capitalized more on this thing. At least it gets the NYT some publicity…

The developer sold this way too cheap. Even though he got a few mill. Maybe he didn’t want to fool with expanding and ads and all, but I’m of the opinion he could have capitalized more on this thing. At least it gets the NYT some publicity…

True, he sold early in the lifecycle of its popularity, but knockoffs were going to take a toll at some point. Better to lock it in than ride it down. It's a great windfall for him.

Hearing the word "moist" used to describe the conditions on the early morning fairway - while I'm watching Paige Spiranac stretch before she tees off doesn't bother me in the least.

On the other hand, hearing Beth Mowins describe field conditions - or virtually ANYTHING else - as moist would anger me. "Could that c@@nt not think of another word to use?"

Context (and originating source) is everything.

Back
Top Bottom