| FTBL dmac in possible violations?

RollTideRandy said:
Good Grief. McFadden couldn't wait 3 months to buy a new Escalade?

Really, all he would have had to have waited is 3 weeks, or till after the Bowl game.

Then again, if the person metioned really did not help him get it, unless the owner of the dealership or someone that works there is considered a booster, D-Mac should be able to get a car based on future earnings.

Bama Bo said:
RollTideRandy said:
Good Grief. McFadden couldn't wait 3 months to buy a new Escalade?

Really, all he would have had to have waited is 3 weeks, or till after the Bowl game.

Then again, if the person metioned really did not help him get it, unless the owner of the dealership or someone that works there is considered a booster, D-Mac should be able to get a car based on future earnings.

There is no bank in America that wouldn't give him a loan to buy anything he wants. Totally agree.

uhhh, am i retarded or something? because i just heard on ESPN like 2 hours ago that it was an Agent that bought it for McFadden and he might possibly not be allowed to play in the bowl game?

Arkansas officials are looking into allegations that running back Darren McFadden received a car from an agent, as the agent and McFadden's father denied the report and the TV station that initially aired the story issued an apology.

The report alleged that McFadden had received a Cadillac Escalade, a luxury SUV, with the help of an agent, Mike Conley.

Graylon McFadden, Darren's father, insisted Friday that the reports were "a bold-faced lie," adding that the car belongs to McFadden's mother. The junior two-time Doak Walker Award winner has been borrowing the car, he said.

Conley, who said he does not represent McFadden and is not a certified football agent, also said the report was untrue. Conley is registered as an agent with the NBA and represents his son, Mike Conley Jr., and Greg Oden, who was the No. 1 overall draft pick in the 2007 NBA draft.

"I got a call and was told that somebody is saying I walked into a dealership in Fayetteville with Darren and helped him purchase a car," said Conley, a former track and field star at Arkansas. "I haven't been in Fayetteville in a while, and I certainly haven't been in any car dealerships with Darren McFadden."

Arkansas, however, is still investigating the allegations, as they could affect McFadden's eligibility for the Cotton Bowl against Missouri. According to NCAA rules, signing with or having improper contact with an agent could affect a player's eligibility.

"We always want to take the higher road in any of these situations, and whether they're rumors or not, let it play out in the arena it needs to be done," Arkansas interim coach Reggie Herring said, according to the Dallas Morning News. "They're going to get to the bottom of it as soon as possible so everybody can rest easy."

Meanwhile, KARK-TV of Little Rock backed off its report, issuing a public apology on its Web site Friday.

"We have already personally apologized to Mike Conley for our poor standards of reporting," the station said on its Web site. "And we want to publicly apologize to Mr. Conley for any distress he has experienced. And we also want to apologize to Darren McFadden and his family for reporting details of this story that were not accurate."

Back
Top Bottom