| FTBL I don't see any point to these 'in game interviews' with the head coach.

TerryP

Staff
Take this UK game as example. I've had it muted (Tess) but turned the volume up just to see what Saban would be asked and his response. I muted it again. There's no "content" in these interviews.

If you think about it, the halftime interviews aren't much better. We have had a few laughs at opposing coaches comments; a few with Saban as well. But again, where's the content?

Caveat: Occasional half time injury news is content.

Take this UK game as example. I've had it muted (Tess) but turned the volume up just to see what Saban would be asked and his response. I muted it again. There's no "content" in these interviews.

If you think about it, the halftime interviews aren't much better. We have had a few laughs at opposing coaches comments; a few with Saban as well. But again, where's the content?

I'm with you on this!

The interviews are low-tech gimmicks that hide ESPN's lack of any meaningful value from the production team. I've said it before that I believe they bring fewer cameras to a game compared to CBS, and their replay work is just about on par with Jefferson Pilot. Other than just my viewing experience of away games, I have no proof, but that's the way it feels. Really thought the no-call KY fumble at the one deserved a second look, too.

The interviews are low-tech gimmicks that hide ESPN's lack of any meaningful value from the production team. I've said it before that I believe they bring fewer cameras to a game compared to CBS, and their replay work is just about on par with Jefferson Pilot. Other than just my viewing experience of away games, I have no proof, but that's the way it feels. Really thought the no-call KY fumble at the one deserved a second look, too.
There is no doubt they are using fewer cameras. No pylon cams is another example along with the overhead/suspension cameras.

As compared to JP I think ESPN is just spread too thinly for the amount of money/equipment they need.

Yea, not sure I find it helpful or informative by any means. More distracting for the coaches/players than anything. I think they're filling that instead of doing the taste of the town and other filler segments they used to do on ESPN before which I really enjoyed.

I think they're filling that instead of doing the taste of the town and other filler segments they used to do on ESPN before which I really enjoyed.
That restaurant bit...didn't they do that mostly during the break in the quarter or at the half? I can't remember. I didn't mind those segments. I had eaten at some of those places Todd covered.

That restaurant bit...didn't they do that mostly during the break in the quarter or at the half? I can't remember. I didn't mind those segments. I had eaten at some of those places Todd covered.
They would fill it during quarter changes, or injury timeouts, or during on field timeouts usually. They also had some interviews/stuff from players or coaches leading up to the game which I found to be interesting to fill in small breaks.

Also depended on the crew

I surmise the conferences have to give their authorization for this crap. They need to have the balls to tell them to leave the HCs alone during the games. And the HCs need to have the balls to tell the conferences they want to be left alone.

When is enough enough? The stupid practically running clock is probably because TV wants to shorten the games in order to get in more of their damn commercials!

I surmise the conferences have to give their authorization for this crap. They need to have the balls to tell them to leave the HCs alone during the games. And the HCs need to have the balls to tell the conferences they want to be left alone.

When is enough enough? The stupid practically running clock is probably because TV wants to shorten the games in order to get in more of their damn commercials!

They do... all part of the fine print. Really dives me nuts during baseball games... a game will be going on and they'll be interviewing the right fielder live for the 1/2 inning. Just shoot me in the gut with a shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom