| NEWS From the slippery slope side of the hill: NCAA to Close in on NIL Violations

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Obviously, something needs to be done with the rouge programs. But, I can't help but wonder if this isn't another example of trying to fix one issue while causing others (something the NCAA has perfected over the years). to be honest, sounds to me like they just need better, more skilled investigators. Guess we will see how it ends up...

SI: The Doors Are Opening For NCAA to Close in on NIL Violations (Ross Dellenger)​

But, I can't help but wonder if this isn't another example of trying to fix one issue while causing others (something the NCAA has perfected over the years).
Let's review:

If you cooperate with NCAA investigations it rarely leads to good will from the enforcement staff. So, schools don't cooperate.

Now the NCAA is left in a situation where they feel a change needs to be made because they have schools, players, and witnesses who are not cooperating.

This hasn't slipped by anyone, right?

So, in this "fix," they can now use circumstantial evidence. But that's not what's scary here. This, from the NCAA:

NCAA VP Jon Duncan says the change to the violation standard puts the “burden” on the school to disprove obvious NIL infractions.

Guilty, until proven innocent, based on circumstantial evidence.

The NCAA is trash. It’s past time for the big conferences to give them the middle finger and form their own thing.

Guilty until proven innocent. How long before a school takes them to court over this stupidity?

Stuff like 19.2.1 "To Cooperate" will push the NCAA out the door sooner rather than later. With Super Conferences coming about, stupid $hit like this rule will get the conferences to align and form their own sanctioning body, with their own set of rules/standards and they will set up a system themselves. Pundits have hinted around about this for years, but I bet this will light a fire under some folks.

Obviously, something needs to be done with the rouge programs. But, I can't help but wonder if this isn't another example of trying to fix one issue while causing others (something the NCAA has perfected over the years). to be honest, sounds to me like they just need better, more skilled investigators. Guess we will see how it ends up...

SI: The Doors Are Opening For NCAA to Close in on NIL Violations (Ross Dellenger)​

Perfect post. Problem is where do you find a Investigator that will do the right thing, with no Bias. The NIL has a can of worms that is overflowing., and I dont see it getting any better. You nailed the NCAA perfectly.

I want to bump this thread up to share this latest artic;e:

I've been saying for a minute that I thought we will hear more of this in coming months.. I wouldn't be shocked if Georgia, Ohio State, USC and others will be mentioned.

I want to bump this thread up to share this latest artic;e:

I've been saying for a minute that I thought we will hear more of this in coming months.. I wouldn't be shocked if Georgia, Ohio State, USC and others will be mentioned.

I wouldn't be schocked either with those name drops.

However, I would be shocked if anything of substance comes from it. NCAA is worse than the wet-noodle of justice at this point.

Starting to think the only way the NCAA can actually touch this is to manage the transfer portal side of it. I personally believe if a player gets any benefit from a collective, he cannot transfer or has to sit out a year and lose that year of eligibility. Schools caught tampering, $1M fine. Force them to spend the money they are offering without getting the benefit. No issues with a player making money off his brand, but these crazy offers for official visits and to obtain a signature have to go.

I do wonder if this is the NCAA trying to show that they can manage all this and still enforce rules... a last ditch effort by them to retain their power. Then again, going out and pissing off the very schools that would be part of The Breakaway? Seems rather bold for a strategy. But other than rolling over, not sure what viable options they have left if they want to hang onto what they've got.

Back
Top Bottom